Who has a Wii?

Discussion in 'Games & Consoles' started by MM, Oct 26, 2008.

1. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

A 2nd or 3rd or 4th Wii-mote and nunchuck, depending on how many people you want to play at the same time. I've got the classic controller, the zapper and some other stuff, but rarely use them. If you want to play GameCube games you'll need a GameCube remote.

The Wii-mote is the main controller. Some games need the nunchuck plugged into it.
  2. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

I was at my friend's 25th birthday party the other night. After a long dinner with 15 guests, we all decided to break out the Wii. After about 2 hours of stomping people's faces in Ping Pong (Rockstar games?? dunno title) I realized as I was drenched in sweat I probably burnt 1000 calories. I will for sure be purchasing a wii come Christmas time. Does anyone know what Madden 09 is like on a wii??
  3. Deacon

Deacon Member

The big problem with Madden 09 is that your opponent can see the play that you are picking. I enjoy the Madden games much more on playstation.

I find that most games DO require the nunchuck or are very one-dimensional if configured for remote only.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  4. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

Is it just me or was the overall gameplay and movement better on playstation 2 and Xbox rather than the next gen platforms? Everything was much smoother. I might have to pass up on madden which I really haven't done since 99
  5. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

I hear the WE PLAY or ALL PLAY or whatever it is called series of sports games are supposed to be real good.
  6. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

I can only compare to the Wii because I haven't played 360 or PS3 but yeah, I have to agree with you.

I haven't bought or played a Madden SINCE 99, I think. I am curious to check out the new Tiger Woods golf though. See how that fairs on the Wii.
  7. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

played tiger woods the other night as well. Pretty lame. It gets extremely repetitive and the swing with the wii controller gets to be annoying if you aren't an avid golfer with perfect form. The putting is ridiculous too. Overall it's not my favorite but it's not horrible either. Fun with friends as any wii game seems to be. I need to try wii sports. Heard it was awesome
  8. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

you NEED a golf club attackment. They suck with just the remote cause you can't see if you are twisting your hand. With the club you can.
  9. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Played Madden '09 when it came out for Wii,

A good improvement over '08 for wii, the "Call your shots" mode is an awesome addition that every madden fan needs to try to understand. Basically, it allows you to change hot routes on the fly right before the play on field, you can draw up the recievers routes, and make amazing plays.

As for "hardcore" games, I say Pick up Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, resident evil 4 wii (port of the gamecube one, but with awesome wii controls), and Resident evil Umbrella Chronicles. Coming out soon are The Conduit, which is a first person sci-fi shooter, looks pretty good, and Madworld, which is a sin-city styled game where you basically murder people any which way. Over the top gory, but awesome.

Also, anyone with a wii that wants a nice fun adventure type game, Get No more Hero's. Little known game, but very fun, and the sequel was announced just recently.

I could go on all day about Nintendo, and the wii. :p
  10. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Killer7 is a Gamecube game that you can find for around $20 and is AWESOME. Real odd ball adult themed game.
  11. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I have a Wii, and used to play it all the time..... Until I got a PS3. The Wii is fun, I really liked the Wii Sports, Zelda, Metroid Prime, and Ravin' Rabbids. But since I got a PS3 it's been gathering some dust.
  12. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

What would I need the classic controller for please?
  13. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

for the Virtual console games ESPECIALLY games like Super Contra which SUCKS with the gamecube controler. Frikkin nuke button is where jump should be.
  14. MM

MM Administrator

I think I read that you need it for Game Cube games.
  15. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

If we're talking Gamecube games, Eternal Darkness is also sweet.
  16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

No, for GameCube games, you need a real GameCube controller. (Also, to save GameCube games, you need a GameCube memory card.) The classic controller works like a SNES controller, and works well with SNES games on the virtual console. The Wii-mote can be used for those as well, so that's up to personal preference.
  17. MM

MM Administrator

Thanks for the clarification. I, as a non-Wii owner, don't want to steer someone in the wrong direction.
  18. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Well, I guess that depends on the group of games that you buy :)

I'd always recommend getting an extra nunchuck if you get an extra controller.
  19. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

downloading the classic nintendo games is another big plus. I downloaded the original SMB and Excitebike and relived the days when Nintendo was new and it was hard to get through the first castle in Super Mario Bros...
  20. realwx

realwx New Member

I have a Wii, and I love it, however I'm mainly using it to play Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros Brawl (I'm surprised nobody mentioned that), or the Virtual Console stuff I bought. Other than that, I've been sticking with the 360 for most games as of late.