Who has a Ford?

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I am trying to figure something out and I'm hoping the DRC can help. I have been told by a Ford dealer that we can find out the serial code for what radio is inside your Ford without removing the actual radio. This will help to determine what satellite radio packages are compatible with what radio you have. The guy I know told me you can:

Hold the 1 and 6 buttons on the radio at the same time while the radio is on and it will display a number/letter combination.

Does anyone know if this works, or can anyone do this for me and tell me if it works? I would prefer that your radio is satellite ready inside your ford. I don't care if it has the Sat tuner in it or not. I am just looking for a way to find out what model radio it is without removing the actual radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks DRC!

Last edited:

rock_doctor

Apr 27, 2009
Can't help you but when i press "preset 1" and "AUX" i get the ESN number for the Sirius module in my Truck.

If you are in the 6-mo time frame you may consider just doing the lifetime. It is $399.99 one time charge. If you plan to keep the car for 3.5 yrs you are even.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Can't help you but when i press "preset 1" and "AUX" i get the ESN number for the Sirius module in my Truck.

If you are in the 6-mo time frame you may consider just doing the lifetime. It is $399.99 one time charge. If you plan to keep the car for 3.5 yrs you are even.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston

Same procedure in my Ford.