Who Am I? Week #484

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Welcome to the 484th edition of Who Am I?, the weekly game where I dish out a daily clue to a subject and you have to guess who or what it is.

Every day, the clues get easier. The winner of this week's game gets a piece of my gratitude.

This week's subject is a PLACE.

CLUE #1: I was founded in the 1990s.

Reactions: HecticArt

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Planet Fitness

ONE CLUE WONDER!
:\m/::\m/::\m/::\m/::\m/::\m/:

Congrats, ScotchandCigar! You must be psychic.

It's Planet Fitness, the popular gym founded in 1992. It now has 1742 locations and most are open 24 hours. Unlike certain competitors, PF supports the Democrats.

planetfitness.png

New game next week!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
ONE CLUE WONDER!
:\m/::\m/::\m/::\m/::\m/::\m/:

Congrats, ScotchandCigar! You must be psychic.

It's Planet Fitness, the popular gym founded in 1992. It now has 1742 locations and most are open 24 hours. Unlike certain competitors, PF supports the Democrats.

planetfitness.png

New game next week!
Wow, that was a lucky guess!

I was going through American establishments of 1990, 91, 92 etc, and I asked myself "was it founded?", and "is it a place?". When I hit PF, which was started in my area, I saw it had become a national chain, so it seemed like a good enough place to end my research for the day. Sorry for screwing-up everybody's week, but thanks King!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
You didn't "screw up" anyone's week, Mister scotch. You impressed us all! And ain't it amazing that so many millions of people will spend money to walk on a machine at the gym when they could go outside and walk for free?

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
And ain't it amazing that so many millions of people will spend money to walk on a machine at the gym when they could go outside and walk for free?
Sounds like something a person from Glendale California would say, where it's never cold and rarely rains. And one would have to walk for hours each day, to get the benefits of a gym. Most people don't have hours.