1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Who all is left on the BTLS show?

Discussion in 'RadioIO' started by MAJ Badmotherfarker, Jul 14, 2013.

1. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

Thinking about signing up for Radioio so I can download/listen to BTLS (Kandahar can get exceptionally boring) but I have no clue who is even left. Aren't Brent, Spice, 25, etc. all gone now?

2. Similar Threads: left BTLS
    Forum Title Date
    RadioIO BTLS Uncensored Show Gone Oct 29, 2013
    RadioIO BTLS Show 11/21/2007 Jul 27, 2012
    RadioIO 5/23 BTLS... playing an old bit? May 23, 2012
    RadioIO 4/26 BTLS show Apr 26, 2012
    RadioIO Bubba's Contract and the future of the BTLS show... Apr 12, 2012

3. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Yeah. I haven't listened in forever. But now it's Tara, Shannon Burke, Ned and Manson along with Bubba.
  4. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/radioio/18473-25-cent-off-show-now.html
    http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/radioio/20220-whats-up-brent.html
    http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/radioio/20013-brent-hatley-resigns.html

From what I remember:

25 got pissed at Bubba over something (I think he didn't want to do something and it wasn't a wild stunt) and was fired. I think he told Bubba in so many words to "f off" or something like that.

Brent resigned and is now in California. He called in once or twice and seems to be on good terms with Bubba and the rest of the cast.

Spice? No one seems to know other than Bubba is all sorts of heated up, on the chip about it and won't say a thing other than calling Spice all sorts of bad words.

As said, the show is Bubba, Manson, Ned, Tara (aka Bubba's sister) and Shannon Burke.

The schedule (as far as I can tell) is something like this. Times in US Eastern with Bubba Two on a three-hour delay:

6-10 Bubba FM show

10 until approx 10:15-10:20: "Best of Bubba" elements including song parodies, Ned/Manson bits, whatever they choose to play off the CDs, etc.

For about 30 minutes or so after that, you get the show. The theme is "It's A Long Way To The Top" by AC/DC, then you might get a quick voiceover "You're listening to" gimmick, then it's into Juicy by Notorious B.I.G. with Ned doing the "and if you don't know, now you know" line.

During the parody bits, Bubba takes a bit of a break to pee, eat, do whatever he needs to do.

I think everyone who pays gets access into the BTLS archives where you can listen to the shows on demand. These on demand shows do include the various parody elements and seem to run about an hour or so.

If you take it from the opening song to the closing song (same one) it seems to be about 30-40 minutes or so...I'm guessing.

After BTLS show, it's commercials, followed by Shannon Burke's show for 2-3 hours.. I don't listen to anything but the BTLS uncensored show, but I'd imagine there's something in there as Shannon has to drive to the other studio and get ready.

After that, it's Dangerous Conversations. (Show airs at old studio.)

Special shows currently on include:
    The Sam Simon Show (apparently, he talks a lot about veganism. Bubba recently went vegan for a week, due to Sam's prodding. IDK if it stuck.)
    The Beer Show with Hurricane Stevens (one of the guys in the back.)
    The Diacos
    Knockout Radio with Randy Harris
    Dr. Mark
    Kevin's Law (Kevin Hayslett)
    Blind James and Buds (talking about marijuana)
    Donna and Manson's show

The archives include:
    2006-2008
    Satellite shows from Sirius. (Stuff could be edited out due to legal reasons, but all profanity left intact.)

2011 and 2012
    Specialty shows (The Diacos, Dr. Mark's show, Football Fridays, Mad Monkey Radio, Local 488, etc.)
    Dangerous Conversations with Scotty Ledger
    Shannon Burke
    Daily Debriefing
    FM and uncensored shows (obviously, once again, stuff could be edited out due to legal reasons, etc.)

Bubba keeps saying the 2009-2010 Friday afternoon four-hour one-off shows from Sirius are coming...we'll see. The latest word from the guys in the back puts the shows up there around August 1st. We'll see. Apparently, they had to edit out a lot of MJ trial-related stuff.

The good thing is you don't even have to sign up, unless you want archive access. I have the TuneIn app and there's others. On TuneIn, search for "Bubba One" and "Bubba Two" and you're golden.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  5. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

Kryptonite nailed it, as he usually does.

Bubba is down to a 30-45 minute uncensored show daily now.

The terrestrial show has gotten better as of late, especially since they picked up St. Louis as an affiliate.

There has been talk of Bubba going back to SiriusXM, but only in bits and pieces.

He did say that he is sure that he will be back on Sirius by the end of the year.

We will see about that. I am not holding my breath on that deal.
  6. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Go Bucks!!!

I am so glad I didn't pay for the whole RadioIO thing. I haven't listened for a while is Tara any good?
  7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Is there a way to stream Bubba's terrestrial show? I went to the Bone website but could only find clips, no streaming.
  8. kryptonite

1) As I said, I can't listen to the terrestrial..it's just another thing to try to keep up with, plus all the bleeps...although, I suppose the archives remove the commercials. It's odd because I did listen to the 2009-2010 FM shows, but that might have been for convenience factor??? Still, I know once I'd start, I'd get sucked in...

2) Talk of BTLS going back is good. I mean, talk *is* momentum, but too much, and he just cries wolf. We'll see. I assume it's a matter of "when" and not "if" but you never know.

If he does come back, hopefully this means the end of the Harry Fisch show, the Dealin' Straight stuff, and a lot of the other 1-hour shows... I think we all know what a "come back" means, but any return is a good thing.
  9. kryptonite

RadioIO Bubba ONE - Tampa, FL - Listen Online
    RadioIO Bubba TWO - Tampa, FL - Listen Online

This should have the entire schedule for free. FM show, countdown, uncensored, Burke's show, Dangerous Conversations, one-hour deal, replays, etc.

Bubba Two is three hours behind.

TuneIn also has an app for most mobile devices. Search "Bubba One", "Bubba Two" or "BTLS" and you should find both streams.
  10. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Thanks! I can download "Stand up w/ Pete Dominick", so looking for something to stream in the evenings.
  11. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Go Bucks!!!

I will take the no reply's as Tara is bad on the radio.
  12. kryptonite

She's the "new to radio" kind of bad. Not horrible, but seeing as she's only been on a few months and was really cast into the spotlight when Spice left... I think part of it is that if she wasn't Bubba's sister it would be different. I mean, your brother is the host of a redneck-ish radio show and he's even gone to the bathroom on-air while in the studio with you?
  13. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I listened yesterday - BTLS is still better than 99% of the shows out there, but boy it takes a hit without Brent and Spice in studio. The group had some great chemistry that doesn't seem to be as "on" with Tara and whoever that other guy is - I know he's someone who does another radio show on RadioIO, but forget his name. There's not the level of Bubba ball busting that Brent and especially Spice would engage in. Some of the best was when the entire group would pile on Bubba.
  14. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

Tara was ok, but her voice used to get to me. As of today, 25 cent is back on air with the guys and has taken Tara's Place. I wonder what happened with that.
  15. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Been listening to the Bubba1 streaming this week. Nice to have the show back. I really do like BTLS - consistently entertaining.
  16. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

I didn't dislike Tara, but I prefer 25 much more. If getting 25 mean no more Tara, I choose 25 every time. Does this mean mad monkey radio will return as well?

Sent from my iPhone 7S using Tapatalk
  17. TOM C.

TOM C. Member

maybe the same way Bob and Tom, Monsters in the Morning and Artie are on Sat Radio. on ch.243 Extreme Talk - Edgy, Entertaining Talk Shows - SiriusXM Radio I could see Bubba's Terrestrial show fitting in somewhere, he already has history
  18. kryptonite

Oh snap...I'm still on last week's shows. I haven't been at my desktop computer much recently, which means I haven't been listening..when I'm there for long periods of time, that's my sort of "de-facto" listening time...and listening at work isn't an option. I can't have my phone freeze on max volume when Ned is cranking out some XXX-rated song parody. :eek:
  19. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

I hear you there. I used to have a Sirius JVC Boombox when I first got Sirius in 2005. I took the boombox to my office. My noise cancelling headphones used to rip out of the jack when I had it cranked on full volume when I moved the wrong way. I remember one occasion, I had Liquid Metal on and Slayer was playing.

Half of the office full of women giggled and the other half looked perplexed. I was red in the face for the rest of the day.

As far as my phone freezing, it used to when I had my HTC EVO 3D. What a POS phone. Not so much now that I have a Note 2. :bigthumbup:
  20. JHDKoopman

JHDKoopman Release Robin's Bra

hmm...i listened to the io show with 25 back for the first time. where they did the fire ant ball stunt. it was a good show. its nice to have 25 back. hate to say it but i hope brent fails at whatever he does and comes back too. i have gotten used to shannon and dont want him to leave but it would be cool to have brent there w/him.

also, so tara is gone for good? wasnt a big fan of her but didnt hate her either.
  21. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

On Todays Uncensored deal (8/15), a caller asked Bubba what the deal was with Sirius and he said that he has until 10/15 to respond to something.

He said he couldn't get into what it was, but it sure sounded like the boys will be on Sirius in the future. At this point, I doubt they would return on 101, but you never know.

Also, both shows have been pretty good lately with 25 back in the saddle. Its amazing how much better the dynamics have become since Tara has been gone. Its actually listenable now.