1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

"Whitney Houston Tribute Channel" Launches on SiriusXM

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by admin, Feb 13, 2012.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Pop music icon tribute channel to feature music from Houston’s illustrious career and more
    SiriusXM to present special broadcast of archival interview between Houston and Barbara Walters and coverage on additional talk channels

Sirius XM Radio announced today that it launched the “Whitney Houston Tribute Channel” to commemorate the life and music of*Whitney Houston.

The “Whitney Houston Tribute Channel” airs now through*Monday, February 13*at*11:59 pm ET*on Heart & Soul, channel 48, and will honor the legendary career of*Whitney Houston*who passed away on*February 11, 2012.

The channel, devoted exclusively to*Whitney Houston, will feature songs from Houston’s six-time Grammy-Award winning career.

SiriusXM’s Heart & Soul channel and SiriusXM OutQ, channel 108, also aired special live tributes taking calls from listeners sharing personal memories, favorite songs and more. SiriusXM OutQ hosts*Larry Flick*and*Frank DeCaro*will continue the channel’s tribute to Houston’s life, music and memory on*Monday, February 13.

Additionally, SiriusXM Stars, channel 107, will present various specials on*Monday, February 13, including a broadcast of an archival interview between Houston and*Barbara Walters*from 1993 which features the two discussing marriage, motherhood and health.

SiriusXM Stars will also air special*related coverage*on*Jane Radio hosted by*Jane Pratt*and*TMZ Live with*Harvey Levin*on*Monday, February 13. *The SiriusXM Stars tribute specials will begin at*9:00 am ET*with the archival interview between Houston and*Barbara Walters*and will continue throughout the day.

---
    View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.
  2. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

How about a tribute channel for the brave men and women that risk their lives every day to protect our way of life? I've heard enough about a spoiled brat who pissed her life away.

Sorry </rant> :blush:
    Biaviian likes this.
  3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'm not big on tributes to celebrities or athletes to begin with. Their importance in the grand scheme of life as opposed to other occupations is nil.

Sad in this case, sure. Shocking, not in the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

Thanks for the tribute channel. I am sure all her fans myself included appreciate it.. Oh memory lane....
  5. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

Good idea Lime, why don't you start a thread in memory of all the fallen soldiers like the one we have for celebs....
  6. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

I'm going to take advantage of this one time program. Haven't heard the real Whitney in some time. I don't think she made any smart personal choices in the past fifteen years so I'll enjoy her pre 2000 songs.

Her sudden, but not totally unexpected death reminds me of the here today, gone tomorrow way stars of the 60's lived their lives. It's makes the accomplishments of drug users of yesteryear like Eric Clapton more significant than usual.
  7. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Not a bad idea. But these guys already have it covered - http://www.militarytimes.com/valor/
  8. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Lot's of hits from the past. The DJ sprinkled in other songs so it wasn't straight Whitney. Well organized and tastefully produced.
  9. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

Oprah & Whitney: One Moment In Time

In memory of Whitney Houston, Oprah Radio opens The Oprah Winfrey Show archives to September 2009. It was the season 24 premiere, and Oprah sat down with Whitney for a special one-on-one interview. After nearly seven years since the world heard the music icon's voice, Whitney gave an intimate and poignant performance of "I Didn’t Know My Own Strength." She shared only with Oprah the private struggles she tried to hide from public view and discussed openly about her marriage to R&B star Bobby Brown, her struggles with drug abuse and why she retreated from the spotlight. Opening up to Oprah like never before, Houston also spoke candidly of the day she left her husband, her sorrow over the death of Michael Jackson and her hopes for her future.

Tune in for this two hour special airing on Oprah Radio:
    Friday, February 17th 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm, 8 pm ET
    Saturday, February 18th 3 pm ET
    Sunday, February 19th 3 am ET