Which Toronto Team Will Be The Next To Win A Championship?

Which Toronto Team will be the next to win a championship?

• The Maple Leafs

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • The Blue Jays

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • The Raptors

• The Argonauts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You forgot the AHL team -- The Toronto Marlies. They may win it this year if they win this series. They were the best team overall but Albany has been playing them tight. Game 7 tonight.

I should have voted for the Maple Leafs for a laugh. Sad part is despite their almost 50 years of ineptitude they have won the 2nd most Stanley Cups in NHL history. So I voted for the Jays because they have the best shot although I think it will be a while. I think the Raptors have gone as far as they are going to go .... and I hate basketball.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
You forgot the AHL team -- The Toronto Marlies. They may win it this year if they win this series. They were the best team overall but Albany has been playing them tight. Game 7 tonight.

I should have voted for the Maple Leafs for a laugh. Sad part is despite their almost 50 years of ineptitude they have won the 2nd most Stanley Cups in NHL history. So I voted for the Jays because they have the best shot although I think it will be a while. I think the Raptors have gone as far as they are going to go .... and I hate basketball.

I'm pulling for the Maple Leafs

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Well, it won't be the Raptors or the Marlies this year. Raptors lost to Cleveland Friday and Marlies lost to the Hershey Kisses this afternoon and are eliminated.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Congrats IRBS on your championship win. You only won it, because Houston Dynamo was eliminated. ;)

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
.... and since it's that time of the year again....

CFL-Logo.png

2018 Schedule

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The Toronto Marlies (AHL franchise) has won the Calder cup beating Texas in game 7. Another championship (although minor league) for the city. I am making a bigger deal out of it since it is so rare for a hockey championship and Toronto to be mentioned in the same sentence.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
In 1967 the Maple Leafs won their last Stanley Cup.
26 years later in 1993 the Jays won their last World Series.
26 years later in 2019 the Raptors won their first NBA title.
26 years later in 2045, one should bet on a Toronto team taking home some more hardware.