Which came first?

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
With Howard's seemingly endless rants about Leno "stealing" his old bits i got to thinking about something and didn't have the answer. So if anyone knows please answer.

1. What came first.
A. Newlywed game
B. Newlywierd game

2. What came first.
A. Win Ben Stein's money
B. Win Fred's Money

I'm sure there are more, just can't think of any right now.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
You're joking, right? George even brought this up today, that their game was the Newlyweird game and they explained "DUH, We don't want to get sued."

There's a difference between giving credit and not giving credit. If Howard had played The Married Couple Game and insisted it was NOT a rip-off of the Newlywed game, you'd almost have a point.

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
You're joking, right? George even brought this up today, that their game was the Newlyweird game and they explained "DUH, We don't want to get sued."

There's a difference between giving credit and not giving credit. If Howard had played The Married Couple Game and insisted it was NOT a rip-off of the Newlywed game, you'd almost have a point.

Just like with "Homeless Hollywood Squares" and "Who Wants To Be A Turkish Millionaire". The names reflect the fact that they are based on existing shows.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I love Howard's Jay Leno rants.

HE's made peace with so many people that he used to be angry with I'm glad he still has a villan out there. This time, with Jay, Howard is 100% on the money. Jay stole the chicken bit hands down.

Also, it will be great when Jay does fail--Howard will gloat to the end of time despite the fact that he had nothing to do with it.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
The chicken bit pisses me off too. Has someone had an animal pick something before for laughs? Yeah probably. But having a chicken pick football games, come on. Direct rip off.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
I love Howard's Jay Leno rants.

HE's made peace with so many people that he used to be angry with I'm glad he still has a villan out there. This time, with Jay, Howard is 100% on the money. Jay stole the chicken bit hands down.

Also, it will be great when Jay does fail--Howard will gloat to the end of time despite the fact that he had nothing to do with it.

+1

I wonder if someone plays those for Jay or if the writers who are listeners hide this stuff from him?

Is anyone really watching and enjoying that show? The few times I've seen it, its been very train-wreckish... Don't want to look but fascinated at the carnage...

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Is anyone really watching and enjoying that show? The few times I've seen it, its been very train-wreckish... Don't want to look but fascinated at the carnage...

I watched the first night and that's it.

"Jay Leno Show" a Ratings Flop So Far - CBS News

NBC's bold experiment faltered in the third week of television's new season, with none of its five editions scoring higher than No. 60 in the Nielsen Co.'s ranking of most popular programs. The shows ranged from a low of 4.5 million to a high of 6.2 million viewers.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
There's something extra special about them insinuating that the Newlywed Game ripped off their twist on The Newlywed game... :pokey:

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
There's something extra special about them insinuating that the Newlywed Game ripped off their twist on The Newlywed game... :pokey:
It's funny, Jackie's claim of popularizing "anal" and "oral" isn't as absurd as some of the more batshit crazy Stern claims such as inventing reality TV and "unplugged" musical performances.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
It's funny, Jackie's claim of popularizing "anal" and "oral" isn't as absurd as some of the more batshit crazy Stern claims such as inventing reality TV and "unplugged" musical performances.

Thought the same thing. You know how ridiculous it is for Howard to think he invented American Idol? And nobody tells him how stupid he sounds.