Where will O&A go next?

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I have heard that O&A says they are not treated well by SiriusXM and that they won't sign a new deal with them. Their current deal is up in a few months, so what is next for these guys? I hope they don't go back to terrestrial radio, where censorship will kill their show. And, being from Spartanburg, SC, I hope they do not sign with a station in the northeast, making it impossible for me to hear them on my radio (though I'm sure there's an iphone app/website I could still hear them on). Maybe they'll change their minds and stay with SiriusXM.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I didn't catch their show today. But they have done far less bitching about management in the past 2 months in comparison to usual. I think they are excited about Liberty taking over. Everytime a group of suits walk by they perk up and want to meet them.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
I wish I could listen to those guys. Some people complain that stern's show is just not the same as it used to be and that's how I feel about O&A. I listened to them when they were basically the best thing on radio but it got to the point where in a 5hr show they would spend 3hrs stalling so they can setup the one bit they had planned for the day.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
Nowhere, I am sure they will resign, same money. No other place to go, Ant and Jim would rack up the FCC fines in week 1 on reg radio. Siri has them trapped, I think they might thy to look at internet base show, but no money, Opie asks every pod-caster if there is any money there. He has kid #2 on the way. He says he has FU money, but why quit if he can make same $ for another 2 years.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
I remember when Anthony got divorced and his wife got Dominic Barbara for her attorney and I think they got half of his future earnings which at the time they estimated to be about $100M or some ridiculous amount. That's when they were on WBCN (RIP).

I don't think Opie suffered the same fate.

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
I notice more & more friends of the show are showing up on riotcast.com (Davey Mac, Dr. Steve lately, Rich Vos, Bob Kelly and Jim Florentine previously) so they could be clearing the path for O&A to start working over there.

They'd eventually have to go to some sort of subscription service to really truly make money, but I'd certainly be willing to pay it.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Podcasting.

or SIM cards.

yup, sim cards.

Last edited:

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
gotta love the SIM card option. Everybody should switch to SIM cards!

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Nowhere, I am sure they will resign, same money. No other place to go, Ant and Jim would rack up the FCC fines in week 1 on reg radio. Siri has them trapped, I think they might thy to look at internet base show, but no money, Opie asks every pod-caster if there is any money there. He has kid #2 on the way. He says he has FU money, but why quit if he can make same $ for another 2 years.

I agree. The thing is for these kinds of radio personalities (non-sports, non-political) the money has dried up since Stern, O&A went to Satellite. Tom Leykis is broadcasting his show online, but I seriously doubt he is making much money at all on it.

Does anyone actually know how much Adam Corolla is making? If him and Joe Rogan are at the top of their industry as far as podcasting goes, then I don't think the money is that good. Doing Satellite is probably far better.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
They ain't leaving....unless they do. We dance this dance every time their contract comes up. I assume it's a bit at this point.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Not sure if everyone heard:

Opie & Anthony Sign Two Year Deal With SiriusXM
October 8, 2012 (12:30 pm) Spencer

Opie & Anthony Sign Two Year Deal With SiriusXM - SiriusBuzz

" Over the past year or so I have seen many passionate Stern Fans embrace Opie & Anthony rather than continue a battle of the shock jocks. It almost seems as if some people are beginning to think Stern is winding down and are in search of that cutting edge type of radio show that O&A offer."

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
This Week On Demand: 20 Years of Opie & Anthony
62b82ecb1af2e31f357858c019b7e8b9

Kyle Pollard

April 13, 2014

This week, SiriusXM is celebrating 20 years of Opie & Anthony on the radio with a very special edition of the Unmasked comedy series. O&A20: Unmasked will feature special guests, uncensored stories, and plenty of the surprises you’d expect from radio’s most outrageous duo.You can catch this landmark moment in radio history whenever you want, with SiriusXM On Demand.

New Specials Available This Week:
O&A20: Unmasked
The Opie & Anthony Channel; Raw Dog Comedy Hits – Available 4/17
Unmasked host and friend of the show Ron Bennington sits down for an exclusive interview with Greg ‘Opie’ Hughes, Anthony Cumia, and comedian Jim Norton at the famed Caroline’s on Broadway in New York City. Celebrating 20 years of the Opie & Anthony show, O&A20: Unmasked will feature special guests, uncensored stories, and plenty of the surprises you’d expect from radio’s most outrageous duo.

Reactions: semipenguin

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
This Week On Demand: 20 Years of Opie & Anthony
62b82ecb1af2e31f357858c019b7e8b9

Kyle Pollard

April 13, 2014

This week, SiriusXM is celebrating 20 years of Opie & Anthony on the radio with a very special edition of the Unmasked comedy series. O&A20: Unmasked will feature special guests, uncensored stories, and plenty of the surprises you’d expect from radio’s most outrageous duo.You can catch this landmark moment in radio history whenever you want, with SiriusXM On Demand.

New Specials Available This Week:
O&A20: Unmasked
The Opie & Anthony Channel; Raw Dog Comedy Hits – Available 4/17
Unmasked host and friend of the show Ron Bennington sits down for an exclusive interview with Greg ‘Opie’ Hughes, Anthony Cumia, and comedian Jim Norton at the famed Caroline’s on Broadway in New York City. Celebrating 20 years of the Opie & Anthony show, O&A20: Unmasked will feature special guests, uncensored stories, and plenty of the surprises you’d expect from radio’s most outrageous duo.
I am currently listening to this via ON DEMAND. Even if you don't like O&A, it is a great listen. Agree with TSS Taylor in the above post. :cool: