Where will O&A go next?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
So what is gonna happen? Is Sirius gonna dump Opie, or what? Is Opie gonna find a new partner? Please no rehashing of the Anthony Cumia thread here, just curious of what will become of the show.

Reactions: semipenguin

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
The Paula Deen Channel :)
oh-no-you-didnt.jpg

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I think this is probably the end of O&A, unfortunately. I also don't see any reason why Sirius wouldn't want to keep Opie and Jimmy and their substantial audience on board. What is their alternative, really? Turning The Virus into the Jenny McCarthy Channel? I see O&J re-signing and continuing to do the show they do now because they both seem to value job security much more than Ant did.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
They took away the sex channel, hampered the o&a channel, even changing the name, and lately the hip hop channels have seen the playlists become even tighter. It's nearly the same 6 songs every hour on each channel with a few older classics mixed in. It seems some of the edgier content has met the ax when they moved the channels around a few weeks ago.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
They took away the sex channel, hampered the o&a channel, even changing the name, and lately the hip hop channels have seen the playlists become even tighter. It's nearly the same 6 songs every hour on each channel with a few older classics mixed in. It seems some of the edgier content has met the ax when they moved the channels around a few weeks ago.
Cancel.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Nah, the mix shows are worth the price of subscription even if Howard leaves. It is interesting to watch the shift in programming over the years as the company becomes profitable. More money in equals more conservative choices.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Yes, the programming is resembling terrestrial and other commercial sources more and more. I'm afraid The Revolution is over.

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I remember when it used to feel like you were part of some cool ass club. Now its just blah. Atleast they don't have commercials on the music channels. Yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

This!

Yes, the programming is resembling terrestrial and other commercial sources more and more. I'm afraid The Revolution is over.

And this!!

I remember back in 05 or 06 when my friends were literally in awe over my satrad equipment. It was gnarly.

I loved broadcasting to a group of cars while in traffic with my built-in badass fm transmitter.

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
Anthony said on his new show that they met with Jim Meyers and he basically doesn't give a fuck about the talk radio part except for Howard. Their view is why hire anyone when we can just play music and not have to pay anyone.

The only one they care about is old Howard Stern. These people are not building for the future at all.

Reactions: goreds2 and hyson

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Anthony said on his new show that they met with Jim Meyers and he basically doesn't give a fuck about the talk radio part except for Howard. Their view is why hire anyone when we can just play music and not have to pay anyone.

The only one they care about is old Howard Stern. These people are not building for the future at all.
The way Anthony put it, they gave as much thought to his firing as they would have to removing a Mariah Carey song from their playlists. They don't seem to get that talk is the only area where they provide unique content in this day of Pandora/Spotify/etc. Or maybe more likely they don't care. He also said that Meyers was basically hired to strip the company down so they could sell it for a profit.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Yes they do. Martha is down to one show a week on Stars 109 I think. Oprah still has her own channel on XM or if you pay extra on the Sirius platform. They are adding talent on Mad Dog 85 all the time, they just announced Stephen A Smith is coming sept 2nd, so I think Anthony is just blowing smoke while taking a jab at management.

RadioInsight — Stephen A. Smith Moves To SiriusXM

Last edited: