Where to get a Starmate Replay cradle?

cardana24

Jun 22, 2009
I am installing a car kit for my dad's Starmate Replay, ST2, but I need another cradle so he can have one in each car. I cannot find a site that sells the cradle. Ideas?

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
I'm pretty sure I replied to the e-mail, but just so people know the answer to this question, here you go.

For people who need a mount solution for another vehicle for a Starmate ST2, Xact XTR8 or Streamer GTR. This isn't really a 'cradle', since it clips into the mount plate and the wires have to go into it manually. A cradle usually is more of a dock sort of situation, which doesn't exist for the ST2.

If you want all these parts together, there's an entire Car Kit bundle too -
http://www.tss-radio.com/starmate-replay-car-bundle-p-5946.html

---

Screw the screws through the mount into the back of the mounting plate.

Sportster 4 Suction Cup Mount (remove the rubber hole caps and/or rotate the head 90 degrees to install the mount plate) -
Sportster 4 Suction Cup Mount

Mounting Screws -
SIRIUS Mounting Screws

Mounting Plate for ST2/GTR/XTR8 -
Mounting Plate ST2/GTR

---

For your antenna needs, the Dot Micro will work -
SIRIUS Mobile Antenna Dot Micro

I also feel the TRAM Square antenna is well built, with a thicker cable -
Tram Square Car Antenna for Sirius

---

For your power needs, this cigarette plug will work -
12v Vehicle Power Adapter for ST1/ST2/GTR/GT

---

I have the ST2 myself and it is a great little unit. My only regret is there isn't more of them out there so we can keep them going for those who have one that no longer works. It's really the only thing that fits into the Boomcube.

Last edited:

cardana24

Jun 22, 2009
The Car Kit for it doesn't use a cradle, and the official kit the ST-C2 no longer is available. But we have a Starmate Replay Car Bundle here.

Glad you are enjoying SIRIUS!

Thanks. I ordered from you guys yesterday. I got the mount and some screws. I already have the professional install kit and an antenna so I did not need all of that in the bundle.

I still have a question about the Starmate Replay ST2...is it 12v or 5v? I wired it for 12 because the only info I could find was pointing that way, but I really could not find much on it.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I still have a question about the Starmate Replay ST2...is it 12v or 5v? I wired it for 12 because the only info I could find was pointing that way, but I really could not find much on it.

You're correct, it is a 12v input. How did you wire it? Some people tend to think that cutting a cigarette lighter adapter and hardwiring it is sufficient, but IMO it's a bit dangerous. To do it safely and correctly a lot of people use this: SIRIUS Vehicle Power Hardwire Kit It's what we always suggest for any hardwire situation.

cardana24

Jun 22, 2009
You're correct, it is a 12v input. How did you wire it? Some people tend to think that cutting a cigarette lighter adapter and hardwiring it is sufficient, but IMO it's a bit dangerous. To do it safely and correctly a lot of people use this: SIRIUS Vehicle Power Hardwire Kit It's what we always suggest for any hardwire situation.

yeah, that is what I am using. I have the whole professional install kit.