When will we get SL2 Update?

siriusnj

Oct 29, 2008
For the fourth time, my SL2 has deleted all of my recordings. After going through the frustration of another reset & erase, I realized it's been a long time since we've gotten a ZAP update for the SL2. This issue has not been fixed, and it has been a very long time that people have had this problem. Are SL2 users pretty much stuck with this flawed software, and will pushed aside as the new "interoperable" devices start coming out?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
3 days after hell freezes over and 2 days before pigs start flying.

I am still waiting for logos from nov 12th too.

I have good luck for about 4-5 months after a device recovery. Then it happens again.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
For the fourth time, my SL2 has deleted all of my recordings. After going through the frustration of another reset & erase, I realized it's been a long time since we've gotten a ZAP update for the SL2. This issue has not been fixed, and it has been a very long time that people have had this problem. Are SL2 users pretty much stuck with this flawed software, and will pushed aside as the new "interoperable" devices start coming out?

Have you tried doing periodic shutdowns, as some others here have recommended?

Reset and erases and device recoveries did nothing to solve my memory corruption issue. So, just for kicks and lack of a better solution, I started doing random complete shutdowns - usually 3 or 4 a week (mostly when moving my S2 from the house to car or vice versa).

Since I started doing those shutdowns - I'd say 3-4 months ago - I haven't lost a single recording. I keep up to 10 complete (2 weeks worth of) Stern shows, then I delete the oldest 5 and record one more week of shows. So I've consistently had between 35-70% of my memory utilized with no mysterious recording deletion weirdness (knock on wood, of course) for months.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
3 days after hell freezes over and 2 days before pigs start flying.

I am still waiting for logos from nov 12th too.

I have good luck for about 4-5 months after a device recovery. Then it happens again.

I hope pigs don't start flying. . . .
That'll make it real hard to catch bacon. . . .
I like bacon. . .

monty

Oct 15, 2008
Bumpass, VA
Two or three time a week when I log on via WIFI, some small update takes place and when I go back to SAT, I lose recordings.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The flying pigs stole them!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8b9EckGPx0]YouTube - KITH Flying Pig[/ame]

DAMN THOSE FLYING PIGS! ! ! ! !

siriusnj

Oct 29, 2008
Have you tried doing periodic shutdowns, as some others here have recommended?

Reset and erases and device recoveries did nothing to solve my memory corruption issue. So, just for kicks and lack of a better solution, I started doing random complete shutdowns - usually 3 or 4 a week (mostly when moving my S2 from the house to car or vice versa).

Since I started doing those shutdowns - I'd say 3-4 months ago - I haven't lost a single recording. I keep up to 10 complete (2 weeks worth of) Stern shows, then I delete the oldest 5 and record one more week of shows. So I've consistently had between 35-70% of my memory utilized with no mysterious recording deletion weirdness (knock on wood, of course) for months.

Yeah, I've tried it all. Taking away radio replays, doing hard shut downs, doing device recoveries, etc. This a disease with no cure but a software update.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
And I got a response on this today from the head of Product Marketing.

"There is an update on the way that should be out in the near future."
Clearly since there are a lot of variables involved no solid date :( But can't wait till it happens.

Anybody checked the temperature in Hell recently?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The funny thing is someone will think that is coming out soon because of this post ;)
I don't suspect a new SIRIUS portable for a while.

Way to have a great post---SL2 update--and then a lousy post--no new portable for a long time---all in one sentance.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Sorry I wasn't trying to be an ass. Quite frankly that is what Sirius does they never fix a unit entirely they put out a new product that everyone has to have. Seriously would it be a big deal to releace an update fixing the love feature and putting voice tags and such on channels? No, but there lazy and thats what we get. I don't even really care anymore since this is what I've come to expect from this product, but it is annoying. I spent over 500 dollars making this product my main mp3 player to be shit on by the company.