When did Sirius implement the new censorship rules?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Any fan has noticed that they no longer use the "n" word or the words "fag" or "homo." Not to mention every time they joke about someone they have to say that it's "allagedly."

While Howard hasn't addressed this they did address it on Superfan Roundtable yesterday. One of the guys, that Pedro guy, who speaks with a heavy spanish accent was saying "homo this and homo that" and Mutt told him to stop because Tim Saben won't like that.

Then later on the guy started saying it again and Mutt once again reprimanded him.

If I remember right one of the conditions for the merger was something about minorities getting their own channels and possibly some kind of censorships.

Does anyone know anything about this because it's obvious gay and black jokes are out.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Or maybe it's just not cool to say fag or homo or nigger?

Personally, I don't really care but can understand the company's sensitivity to it.

No matter what they say about being "free uncensored" radio, the advertisers still dictate what's appropriate and what's not.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Please. Howard let the words "nigger" and "homo" fly out of his mouth for years and then it stops abruptly?

Look at Gilbert's last appearance on the show, the whole time Howard was uncomfortable as he tried to make racial jokes.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think they actually discussed his use or lack of use of the n word this week
. Think he said something like he's older now and just not as comfortable with it. Is that the truth?I don't know.
As for 'alledgedly' I thik that's for legal reasons since no one has been convicted yet.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I get that it's for legal reasons but it was never this bad.

The other day Johnny Fratto was on the phone saying that he was so mad at someone he could kill them and then Howard quickly came in saying "You don't really mean that right Johnny? You don't want anyone to get killed. C'mon."

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Or maybe it's just not cool to say fag or homo or nigger?

Personally, I don't really care but can understand the company's sensitivity to it.

No matter what they say about being "free uncensored" radio, the advertisers still dictate what's appropriate and what's not.

Agreed. Sirius XM is about as "free and uncensored" as TNT or ESPN. While those cable TV channels aren't under regulation by the FCC, they still have sponsors to answer to. A SportsCenter anchor could literally say "This fucking team blew massive chunks last night" and the FCC couldn't do anything about it...but the advertisers could.

It's not a big deal. Howard even pushed his own dump button one time. (If you don't remember, during the revelations, someone was talking about jerking off while their family members were taking dumps. A name was mentioned, and the button was pushed.)

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I get that it's for legal reasons but it was never this bad.

The other day Johnny Fratto was on the phone saying that he was so mad at someone he could kill them and then Howard quickly came in saying "You don't really mean that right Johnny? You don't want anyone to get killed. C'mon."

If Johnny Fratto did say that and it really did happen, could Howard get in legal trouble? Even more, does it really matter who said what and who heard it? A threat was made. Howard was just trying to cover his own ass.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Puhlleeeaaase!! Tune in Shade 45 around 6 eastern. You'll get your fix of the N-word, the C-word, the F-word (both of them). And any other dirty word you could ever want to hear.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Puhlleeeaaase!! Tune in Shade 45 around 6 eastern. You'll get your fix of the N-word, the C-word, the F-word (both of them). And any other dirty word you could ever want to hear.

Now that's opening a can of worms. :eek:

What sort of advertisers are on that channel, if any? How much revenue and subs does that channel actually bring in? Probably around zilch.

Sirius has nothing to lose by those uneducated jackasses using that language.

But like I said before, I really don't care what they say. If I don't like it, I can turn the channel - which I usually do for Shade 45 particularly.

The control is always in the hands of those paying the bills, the subs and advertisers.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Look at Gilbert's last appearance on the show, the whole time Howard was uncomfortable as he tried to make racial jokes.

yea i noticed it too. i mean i think its cool if its howards choice but totally wack if its forced on him. and if it is forced on him i would wish that howard would tell us.

-jhdk

Pedro

While Howard hasn't addressed this they did address it on Superfan Roundtable yesterday. One of the guys, that Pedro guy, who speaks with a heavy spanish accent was saying "homo this and homo that" and Mutt told him to stop because Tim Saben won't like that.

Then later on the guy started saying it again and Mutt once again reprimanded him.

Hola amigo

Te puedo asegurar que Mutt no trato de censurar lo que yo decia. Tim y yo hablamos antes del show sobre algo y nosotros sabiamos que tim estaba escuchando. Por eso dije que Tim necesitaba un sandwish al principio del show. :jj:

Cuando Mutt decia que Tim hablo conmigo, era como un chiste entre nosotros para calmarme a mi, para Mutt poder ir a las llamadas o decir algo. :)

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Hola amigo

Te puedo asegurar que Mutt no trato de censurar lo que yo decia. Tim y yo hablamos antes del show sobre algo y nosotros sabiamos que tim estaba escuchando. Por eso dije que Tim necesitaba un sandwish al principio del show. :jj:

Cuando Mutt decia que Tim hablo conmigo, era como un chiste entre nosotros para calmarme a mi, para Mutt poder ir a las llamadas o decir algo. :)

¡Me cago en la leche de tu madre y yo no soy un pinche mojado!....just kidding :jj:

English, please. :bigthumbup:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Hola amigo

Thanks for the reply that I can't understand.

Pedro

Thanks for the reply that I can't understand.

:lolsign:

Google Translate

Hello friend

I can assure you that Mutt does not try to censor what I said. Tim and I talked before the show about something and we knew that Tim was listening. So I said that Tim needed a Sandwish early in the show. :jj:

When Mutt said that Tim talked with me, was like a joke between us to calm me, for Mutt to go to calls or say anything :)

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I know that Sirius changed some rules around. When you were on Superfan Roundtable that day it was clear that you were told not to say the word faggot. Sirius banned the words "nigger" and "faggot."

Pedro

I know that Sirius changed some rules around. When you were on Superfan Roundtable that day it was clear that you were told not to say the word faggot. Sirius banned the words "nigger" and "faggot."

Amigo, tal vez se te olvido que yo salude a alguien en el telefono usando la palabra faggot. Nadie me prohibio nada. Si no crees en mi palabra, no hay nada mas que yo pueda hacer. :crazy: