Whats your plan after March 11th?

Just wondering what everyone is planning on doing after March 11th. Who is canceling, down grading, renewing to lock in prices, or taking all price increases?

As for myself I will be canceling my extra radio and keeping only one with no Internet listening. Depending on how the content chances in the next few months I may leave completely.

:roflmao:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I already have a lifetime sub with the $2.99 premium streaming on there. I use that for my Sonos system.

I am thinking about locking in my second sub to keep the $6.99 rate and lower bitrate streaming for a year or two. I could save $24/year. That's a few trips to Starbucks. Plus the low bitrate stream comes in handy when listening through crappy computer speakers. I still have a month to figure that out.

I'll probably reconsider the whole thing when the MiRGE comes out.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I will do nothing. I already have premium internet on my SL2. I will discontinue using XMRO (although its been over a year since I even logged into it). I am comfortable with the number of subs I am using so no cancellations.

It was rumoured that I may also be able to turn my XM radio sub into a family plan sub. If this is true, I will do that.

Canceling my 2nd sub (wife's SL100). Not sure what to do about the online streaming at this point.

The SL100 will include free streaming on the SL100. You may wish to consider this when deciding which radio to get rid of.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I might for the time being go to Slacker to listen to internet radio , but if they have internet exclusive channels for Sirius XM then I will listen to it.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Huh? So I can listen online and not pay anymore?

I think he's saying that you'll be able to use the Internet connectivity feature of the SL100 on the SL100 device itself. Not use the Sirius website streaming interface to stream to your computer.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think he's saying that you'll be able to use the Internet connectivity feature of the SL100 on the SL100 device itself. Not use the Sirius website streaming interface to stream to your computer.

Yes. That is what I meant. TSS Taylor has confirmed this in a different thread.

Music_Rube

Oct 17, 2008
I haven't made a final decision yet, but I am leaning towards going back to one sub with no online listening. The online listening part I am not concerned with because I almost never use that feature, but the second radio I am having a hard time deciding on. Summer is approaching and I know I'll want to listen to baseball games, etc. outside when doing things outdoors, so I'm sure the Inno would come in handy then. Right now, during winter, it is essentially a paper weight that costs $6.99/month currently.

buckeye96

Dec 1, 2008
We have the online listening for the Sonos. I love slacker in the car both through my iPhone and my slcaker player. I haven't listened to my sirius for about 2 weeks now. I was happy that Backspin came back, but the playlist is a lot shallower and I started to hear repeats. So we will probably go down to 1 sub and maybe reduce that one to news and talk only. The wife likes the news in the morning and then is getting a slacker player as well because she is sick of how shitty the 80's music has become.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I will continue my current XM sub with BOS as it is now! If I decide I want streaming, then I'll gladly pay the $2.99 per month because then I'll get the 128kb feed, which in my opinion is well worth it. I am sort of excited about the XM side having 128kb and if they get an iPhone/iPod Application released, I'll will most likely do just that.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I wonder if you have to pay for the app to out of curosity.

I am not sure if uSirius will be charging for the application or not. There are a few people that are beta testing it right now.

I think they need to get this application released sooner rather than later.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
In March....I march.

Listening almost 100% on the Internet, Mel's promise of no price increase for the same service doesn't apply to me. I've paid them for several years now, and I'm not interesting contributing to their feeble attempt to dupe their loyal customers into financing their version of a bailout. I will not do what others claim to do and get the show via a torrent site, so I'm done.

Several years ago, not listening to Howard would have been very hard to fathom. Today....not so much.