What's your favorite fast food chicken?

What is your favorite fast food chicken?

• Kentucky Fried Chicken

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Popeyes Chicken & Biscutes

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Church's Chicken

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
What is your favorite fast food chicken?

Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits?

Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits?

Church's Chicken?

Other?

My favorite is El Pollo Loco that is mostly out in California.

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Love that chicken from Popeye's!

chickenplate.jpg

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Here in Grand Rapids, we have KFC and one Popeye's, which is in a crappy part of town.

I've eaten at Popeye's twice, and the last time I was there, there were a few cop cars in the parking lot like there was a crime scene. I've made the decision that their chicken's not good enough just to make the drive all the way out there.

We had a few Church's, but they all closed. One former location was in an old Sunoco station that's now a local place called Doctor Oil, which reopened the Church's as "The Rooster Express". Not too bad, but nobody beats The Colonel.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
In North Carolina, it is required by law that you be a religious fanatic over Bojangles. Therefore, I am with them. Gotta, Wanna, Needa Hava Bojangles!:churn:

KFC has just degraded so much over the past ten years, it's a health hazard to walk in their now. Their chicken just stinks.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Here in Grand Rapids, we have KFC and one Popeye's, which is in a crappy part of town.

I've eaten at Popeye's twice, and the last time I was there, there were a few cop cars in the parking lot like there was a crime scene. I've made the decision that their chicken's not good enough just to make the drive all the way out there.

Wait, are you talking about the black part of town?

I live in the black part of town. We've got lots of chicken joints. KFC is the worst. Church's is a little better. Popeye's is good. My daughter loves it the best, although the service is super slow. For straight fried chicken, Frenchy's is a local chain that has absolutely fantastic chicken. It's spicy like Popeye's, but they use better chicken or something and it just tastes like love.

But my all time favorite is Timmy Chan's. The one near me is in an old Pizza Hut. The interior is always filthy. There's a big revolving gate thing between you and the staff. You put your money in, it turns around, and eventually turns around again with your food and change. They make wings and fried rice. They've got 20 different flavors of wings, and they are dirt cheap, like $6 for 20 wings and a heap of fried rice. Mmmmm.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Wait, are you talking about the black part of town?

I live in the black part of town. We've got lots of chicken joints. KFC is the worst. Church's is a little better. Popeye's is good. My daughter loves it the best, although the service is super slow. For straight fried chicken, Frenchy's is a local chain that has absolutely fantastic chicken. It's spicy like Popeye's, but they use better chicken or something and it just tastes like love.

But my all time favorite is Timmy Chan's. The one near me is in an old Pizza Hut. The interior is always filthy. There's a big revolving gate thing between you and the staff. You put your money in, it turns around, and eventually turns around again with your food and change. They make wings and fried rice. They've got 20 different flavors of wings, and they are dirt cheap, like $6 for 20 wings and a heap of fried rice. Mmmmm.

Yes, the Popeye's in GR's in a 'black' part of town on Division St., which is, well, far from perfect. As a matter of fact, there *were* a few white folks at the Popeye's the last time I was there.

I've also reminded myself that there's many Church's that are in White Castles. Now Grand Rapids could use one of those!

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Take out chicken??? For any of you that can afford $20 and 20 minutes, I give you my favorites. The Sesame chicken is made to go over a salad - the sauce is the dressing:

Sesame chicken.

¼ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup water
1 Tbl cornstarch
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds

Cook the chicken 80% done separately (slice up). Mix with sauce and saute. Add the seeds once everything has thickened. I usually put it over a garden salad (lettuce, spinach, carrot, tomato, beans (kidney/green/garbanzo) with croutons on top. Add some italian dressing if needed - it generally makes it better.

Teriyaki chicken.

1 1/4 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup soy sauce
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 TBL sesame oil

Let soak for about a day. Bake and enjoy.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I can't eat anything that's deep fried, so when I'm up for some cluck I head to Boston Market or to a local barbecue place.

Oooh, I love Boston Market :)

It's too bad most of them closed down about 10yrs ago. A few years ago I delivered a load in the Detroit area and found one in walking distance.

Anyone remember Kenny Rogers Roasters? :scratch:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKVMo0K9u_s]YouTube - Seinfeld: Kramer loves his Kenny Rogers Roasters[/ame]

According to the wiki, they're only in the Philippines now :worried:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Rogers_Roasters

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Take out chicken??? For any of you that can afford $20 and 20 minutes, I give you my favorites. The Sesame chicken is made to go over a salad - the sauce is the dressing:

Sesame chicken.

¼ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup water
1 Tbl cornstarch
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds

Cook the chicken 80% done separately (slice up). Mix with sauce and saute. Add the seeds once everything has thickened. I usually put it over a garden salad (lettuce, spinach, carrot, tomato, beans (kidney/green/garbanzo) with croutons on top. Add some italian dressing if needed - it generally makes it better.

Teriyaki chicken.

1 1/4 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup soy sauce
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 TBL sesame oil

Let soak for about a day. Bake and enjoy.

Both are excellent, but I General Tsao's chicken is better:bigthumbup:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Pollo Loco is by far my favorite. i dont bother with the pollo bowls, just the chicken plates with some rice and tortillas (the bowls are mostly rice).

KFC original recipe is good every now and then, but it makes you feel like crap a while after you eat it.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Pollo Loco is by far my favorite. i dont bother with the pollo bowls, just the chicken plates with some rice and tortillas (the bowls are mostly rice).

KFC original recipe is good every now and then, but it makes you feel like crap a while after you eat it.

Yeah, I can't eat KFC original any more, too much of a limp greasefest. But their grilled chicken is not bad once you get used to it.

Agree about El Pollo Loco too, I always get the combo with the 2 pieces of chicken and tortillas and a couple of sides (love their pinto beans and spanish rice), just add the house salsa and you've got a good meal there.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
e in walking distance.

Anyone remember Kenny Rogers Roasters? :scratch:

YouTube - Seinfeld: Kramer loves his Kenny Rogers Roasters

According to the wiki, they're only in the Philippines now :worried:

Kenny Rogers Roasters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They weren't around here as far as I know. I've never seen one.

Here they had Roy Rogers (in late 80's/early 90's we called it "grease on a bone" (that's the chicken) and "flour blobs" (the biscuits), but we loved it). :bigthumbup:

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
Pollo Loco had one near me for a short while (I live in Salem, NH, it was in Tewksbury, MA) but it closed down after less than a year. When I visit Florida every February I always make a visit to Pollo Tropical.