What's with all the editing of the fight week shows?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
That's how the Revolution rolls yo !

Hey Hank!
As to the original question: I think a lot of it is past sponsors they don't want mentioned on the air anymore and maybe if some cursing is bleeped out maybe thats the only copy of the original airplay they have?

These are both just educated guesses. You're more than welcome to roll with Hanks response if you want. ;)

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
The only piece I caught during the week was a stuttering John segment about a Heineken-sponsored trip. They said "Heineken" a lot - all bleeped. Since Becks is now a sponsor, I can see why they eliminated the old sponsor.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
The only piece I caught during the week was a stuttering John segment about a Heineken-sponsored trip. They said "Heineken" a lot - all bleeped. Since Becks is now a sponsor, I can see why they eliminated the old sponsor.

Ok, that makes sense. That was the clip I was listening to as well and noticed that every other word was bleeped.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I picture Hank cold and alone, in his parent's basement, desperate for attention, pecking away at the keyboard. :D

Cathead©

Oct 2, 2009
Louisville
www.myspace.com
Don't care and don't listen. When he's live I listen. Sometimes I want to choke a convict when he says he's all about SiriusXM and how he loves working there. He then turns around and says he can't wait to leave when his contract is over. If he's all about SiriusXM he needs to cut down on the friggin' vacations and stop with the "Is there anything else, Robin?" shit.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Don't care and don't listen. When he's live I listen. Sometimes I want to choke a convict when he says he's all about SiriusXM and how he loves working there. He then turns around and says he can't wait to leave when his contract is over. If he's all about SiriusXM he needs to cut down on the friggin' vacations and stop with the "Is there anything else, Robin?" shit.

Is there anything else, Hank?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
If he's all about SiriusXM he needs to cut down on the friggin' vacations and stop with the "Is there anything else, Robin?" shit.

Awesome first post! You become the thing you hate - the "he's lazy and is phoning it in" schtick isn't any different than "Is there anything else, Robin?"

Also, got news for you - he's all about Howard. Always has been. Sorry that it took so long for you to figure it out.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Is there anything else, Hank?
That's not Hank.

As far as the editing goes, it got very distracting and I understand if some companies no longer want to be mentioned on the show. But I'm assuming for Heineken they still have a decent relationship with Sirius XM since they advertised recently. They could've made an effort to clear it. But maybe it has more to do with the Becks sponsorship.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
That's not Hank.

As far as the editing goes, it got very distracting and I understand if some companies no longer want to be mentioned on the show. But I'm assuming for Heineken they still have a decent relationship with Sirius XM since they advertised recently. They could've made an effort to clear it. But maybe it has more to do with the Becks sponsorship.

I think it's less about clearing it with them than it is about not giving a company who isn't paying for ad space a whole bunch of on-air mentions and being referred to as a "sponsor" when they may not be during a re-air of the segment.

I think they should get rid of the bleeps and replace them with a few ETM ack-acks...

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Censorship is still censorship even if you are doing it for marketing reasons. It's still a bunch of bullshit. Heineken was part of the show back then. It's not anymore. Who cares.

Reactions: Snoozer

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Censorship is still censorship even if you are doing it for marketing reasons. It's still a bunch of bullshit. Heineken was part of the show back then. It's not anymore. Who cares.

You're really that concerned about former sponsor being mentioned on the show and can't figure out why for legal reasons they probably have to remove it?
Really? REALLY? You're reaching deep on this one for something to bitch about.:rofl2:
But +1 rep pts to you for the effort, sir.
Red Dragons.