Whats this?????

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Yesterday morning my SL2 went out on me(I guess there is huge thread about the problem) and I had to go to a back up radio. I haven't listened to commercials in a while. Anyway I see that Howard still does his...... Whats this?? before he reads a commercial. I've been listening to him since 92 and I can always remember him doing that. Do you guys think he really has no idea which commercial he is reading or is he just so used to always saying that.?I've always wondered. I know its no big deal. I just think it's funny he still does that.
By the way it sucks when your SL2 goes out on you. I can't believe Sirius won't send out a fix for it. I was going to get my sister one,but not now.

Last edited:

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
What's this? A problem with your SL2?

Sorry to hear about your radio, contact TSS-Radio. They may have a solution for you.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
What's this? A problem with your SL2?

Sorry to hear about your radio, contact TSS-Radio. They may have a solution for you.

No man. I used my sl2 breaking as a segway into why Howard always goes "Whats this???" before every commercial. I guess no one actually read the whole post.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I always figured that he has all the copy in front of him and asks "What's this?" so that Fred can tell him which one he is supposed to read.

who knows...

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
He gets mixed up sometimes it seems, he starts reading an ad for the wrong person, and goes "oops" or fred corrects him, so maybe Fred keeps track of it all and just always makes sure he's reading exactly what needs to be done that hour.