What would Robin do without the Drudgereport?

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Forevernever, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

Just about every story she reads comes directly from the Drudge Report.

2. Elwood

Elwood Member

I love the work she puts into her sound bite introductions:

Robin: "And here is Christian Bale saying Heath Ledger is one of the best actors of all time and will be greatly missed."

CB: "Heath Ledger is one of the greatest actors of all time and will be greatly missed."

3. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Well I think her basic purpose in the 'news' is to set up Howard (and Artie) for jokes / discussion. Not in depth coverage. Though if its true she gets most stories from drudge it'd be nice is she branched out a bit.
    Like fark.com :p That'd make for some interesting headlines.

4. wwfmike

wwfmike Member

That's my favorite part of the news. I'm always thinking 'umm Robin just said that'.

I wonder how many stories she actually gets herself and not the interns getting them.

5. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I need to get some interns of my own here at work. It'd leave me more time to post on DRC. :eek: :D

6. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

Zero Point Zero.

7. sjb4

sjb4 Member

In the little bit of the news I heard today (Inauguration Speech clips), she actually didn't read the quote before playing the quote. I was all ready to hear the redundancy.

hank-the-dwarf likes this.
  8. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

SHhhhhhhhh! If they haven't gotten it at this point, they probably won't, even with an explanation. This is the same crowd that expected Steve Langford to interview some of the plane crash survivors...

That whooshing sound is the joke going over their heads... or maybe its Robin shushing them...

9. Elwood

Elwood Member

What's the correct smilie icon for hyper-sensitive?

Forevernever likes this.
  10. TheScionicMan

Good point. That icon would've been perfect for this silly complaint and saved me a lot of typing...

11. Forevernever

LOL! :bow:

Not a complaint, an observation. As for saving effort, just remember: its so much easier to simply not type anything at all.

jamesp717 likes this.
  12. TheScionicMan

So take your own advice and quit trying to derail another thread

:loser:

Jgatie likes this.
  13. TheScionicMan

The traffic and weather coverage is mediocre as well...

14. Forevernever

That I started and you're jacking?

I'm starting to think you might be obsessive. Do you often find yourself counting? Washing compulsively? Feeling the need to touch things a certain number of times? They have drugs for that now. Don't let it take over your life.

15. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

Hey Now

Excellent observation :bow:

16. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

I understand Langford not interviewing the plane survivors, but why doesn't he ever do a negative story on Howard? He's claims to be an actual journalist? Whatta hack! ;)

17. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Yes, every story Robin does for her current events news report is also on a current events news report web page. Next you are going to tell me that every sports score that Ferrell talks about is on ESPN.com!!

What a shocker!! Get Shuli on it right away!!

18. Forevernever

The "ignore" function must be broken...

19. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Aw ferchrisakes...this has turned from the Drudgereport to the Grudgereport.

20. Forevernever

And note whose entrance started it all. Another successful thread jack by the usual suspects. Keep up the good work, guys!