What will you listen to when Howard is gone -(yes, another one of these threads)

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
It's been quite some time since it's been asked on here so I thought I'd throw this out there again. Other outlets such as Slacker and Pandora have become popular since the last time this question has been asked.
I'll cancel my 2 Sirius Subs and keep the 1 XM sub for my wife's car. I'll listen to Slacker in the car, home and in the gym just as I am doing today.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'll keep my 1 subscription since I got it for NASCAR anyways. However I'll probably just listen to music at work since you can't get NASCAR online. (This still pisses me off to no end) Hopefully Bubba will be back by then, full time I mean.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I'll be listening to bubba still of course. and maybe jason ellis if he's still on. and of course the music channels too. depending on what sirius has available for programming

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
When Howard leaves, I'll be sure to tune into the "Howard stern career wrapup" live specials and such with Jon hein and Bababooey. I'm sure some sort of spinoff of best of shows will air.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I'm gonna watch me some baseball!!!!!!

Then I'll listen to some NPR podcasts and some old Carolla shows.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I'll be listening to bubba still of course. and maybe jason ellis if he's still on. and of course the music channels too.
Yes, yes, and yes. I don't believe Bubba when he says he wants to wrap it up in two years. If anything they should shuffle things around and carry his show live on Sirius XM. And hopefully Ron and Fez will still be around as well.

jnockels

Mar 1, 2009
Yankton, SD
Opie and Anthony...I know...I know...
But, I have been listening to them for the last month, and it IS a funny show. I didn't want to like it, but the more I listened, the more I liked. Jim Norton is a funny funny man.

I still listen to Stern every morning, but lets be honest....there are fewer things I could give a shit about in this world than:
* Robin's Diet (Ahemm.....way of life)
* Howard and Beths fantastic relationship
* Sybian Rides
*Mexican Delivery Games
*Howards Snoring

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Hopefully by that time I'll have a full time job (that starts in the morning, ends in the afternoon) so it won't matter and I won't have 20 or so hours to devote to a radio show anyways. Maybe Howard has to retire so I can grow up!

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Opie and Anthony...I know...I know...
But, I have been listening to them for the last month, and it IS a funny show. I didn't want to like it, but the more I listened, the more I liked. Jim Norton is a funny funny man.

I still listen to Stern every morning, but lets be honest....there are fewer things I could give a shit about in this world than:
* Robin's Diet (Ahemm.....way of life)
* Howard and Beths fantastic relationship
* Sybian Rides
*Mexican Delivery Games
*Howards Snoring
I don't want to get into a war but that show is just so lame. I tried listening when they were on terrestrial in Detroit (I think it was right before I put the satrad in my car) and it was just so awful. Jim Norton has appeared on a bunch of shows I've seen and he is NOT FUNNY. He is funny looking but that's about all. I just don't get the show. Nothing to it! I really can't see how a Stern listener could like it. The show is more about real people rather than bad jokes and laughing at each other (and they can't even make that sound good since it was much funnier to hear Jackie laugh at his own jokes).

Reactions: IronJabroni

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
No!

Unless there's a real improvement in the music channels, my subs will be left to expire once Howard is gone. The Stern show provides over 20 hours of listening per week (live weeks). A few of my favorite music channels were discontinued or changed drastically, so I will look to other mediums when (if) that time comes. I find myself listening to music channels much less than pre-merger due to repetition (Alt Nation) or lack of interest (how many "classic rock" stations do we need?). With over 12,000 songs in my digital music library, Sirius is my means for discovering new music, not for hearing what I already own.