What TV shows have you seen be taped?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I had a dream that I was watching a taping of Saturday Night Live and now I really want to go. It's probably been my favorite show despite the ups and downs. I did go to a Conan show once.

Has anyone been to a live TV show taping? If so what and was it good?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I went to some Canadian sketch show. It was typical Canadian low budget fare. It was interesting to see how they made it.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
When I was a kid in 1988, I was in-studio during a 6 p.m. newscast at my local NBC station at the time, WPBN-TV in Traverse City. One of their reporters just happened to go to our church and invited us.

Many years later as a teen, QVC did a tour across America and the National Cherry Festival was one of their stops. My Mom and I were doing security for the stop, which was televised nationally. What made things exciting was that apparently, one of the hosts had a stalker. Needless to say, he wasn't present. :)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The mrs. and I were in NYC walking to a bar with some friends and we saw sarah jessica parker and john corbit shooting a scene on a brownstone's steps for sex & the city. We also saw them preping for a shot for Dark Knight in Chicago but didn't see any actors or filming. Then there was something in Vancouver, with women dressed in Egyptian clothes, but We couldn't figure out what it was.

We've tried for Letterman tickets 3 times and never scored.

SNL would be awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
You have to register for SNL, they do a draw in August, and if they pick you, you get a randomly selected show. You don't get to choose.

I've been near/on the local news a few times, I saw Jennifer Hudson perform on the Today Show a month ago... Other than that, I can't think of anything.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Does it count if we were on COPS?
cops-arrest-clown.jpg

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I saw Conan interview Ice T and Ricky Jay. I also caught a taping of the Daily Show with Craig Killborn. He had on the girl from Species...man, what a rack she had.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
When I was 4 or 5, I was on a local kiddie show ("KiTiRiK"). It was hosted by a hottie in a cat outfit:
fwqg5c.jpg

I've been on the set of a few films my dad worked on. The first was "Brewster McCloud".

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Back in my early college days we went to some tapings for sitcoms that never took off (well, except for the one that I missed where they went to see a new show called "Friends". D'OH!). I see familiar places in the movies and commercials from time to time. Like the balloon hangars in Tustin which I see in lots of car ads, or this building next door to a place I used to work which I see in commercials and TV all the time (most notably it was the Globo Gym in "Dodgeball" and Matt Dylan's workplace in "You me and Dupree"). And if you go walk around Griffith Park you'll see lots of shows shooting.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I had a dream that I was watching a taping of Saturday Night Live and now I really want to go. It's probably been my favorite show despite the ups and downs. I did go to a Conan show once.

Has anyone been to a live TV show taping? If so what and was it good?

I made it to SNL in 1995. Laura Leighton/Rancid: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0694704/ Very odd to see it all go down live. Lots of usage of cue cards. Cool ride up in the elevators and hanging out in the hallway waiting to get seated. One of the best fake commercials ever on that episode, too, starring Sam Waterston - linked in the IMDB link, but here it is, just in case... IMDb Video: Old Glory "Robots are everywhere, and they eat old people's medicine for fuel"

Caught Letterman 2x in the mid-90's. His studio really is practically as cold as a walk-in freezer. The band is LOUD during commercial breaks. Enjoyable both times, and interesting to see some of the TV tricks they use. Sometimes a band or guest isn't "live" the night you see them on the show - Dave will switch suits so that when they put the segments together he matches.

Also saw the taping of a show on Comedy Central in 1996 called Viva Variety, which starred some of the folks that are now on Reno 911 - Thomas Lennon and Kerri Kenney - plus Michael Ian Black. Don't remember which episode, but I loved this show - wish it had lasted longer. The thing I *do* remember most was standing in line waiting to get in and the woman next to me talking about her sister who was almost kidnapped/abducted by some guys in a car because "she was out ho'in' " and she obviously should have known better. I didn't have the courage/presence of mind to ask which she should have known better: a)not be abductee bait or b) not be ho'in'
Viva Varrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriety!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I might of mentioned this on SBS.

I ended up on the cutting room floor of the Real World - Seattle.

I was almost first in line at the first screening of "Kurt & Courtney" and the cast was there and I was talking to a few of them and there were cameras everywhere.

It wasn't until a few days later that I realized what it was. I did see them around town alot.