What specifically brought you in as a subscriber?

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
NASCAR channel and Tony Stewart's show even though it has not been on this year. Typical with me as soon as I find something I love it gets canceled. I used to have O&A on a local station years ago and I forgot how much I missed listening to them. I hopped on the Bubba wagon early on but I am starting to get a little tired of his show.

I love Ellis but would love it even more if they replayed it over night so I could listen to all of it!

machpost

Feb 18, 2009
I subscribed to XM back in 2004 for the depth of the playlists on channels like XMU, Deep Tracks, and the 60's-70's-80's. And for MLB, as well. I left XM a few months ago because the music is a far cry from what it used to be, and because my wife and I have Sirius in our cars. I listen online more than via satellite these days.

Reactions: TSS Taylor

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I have been a subscriber since July 2002. Commercial Free Music with lots of genre's is what attracted me. What has kept me is Sirius NFL channel.

I could care less about Oprah, Martha, Rosie, Howard, etc. My guess is if they ever went to real ala carte you would see those people go bye bye

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
I'm blind, so I loved the sports. I had Sirius in 2004, so it was NFL, NBA, and college sports. I honestly was way to loyal I never had XM for the fact I felt I was giving a sub to the compitition. However when the merger news came out i bought an xm too. I like it because of mlb. I also liked XM better for home use which is what I use it in mainly or outside, however since they launched the new sat for Sirius I would have to say Sirius's signal is awesome now.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Oh and you get every big game on Siriusxm now, where as if you watched it on tv it would cost me a fortune so thank god I can't see the game.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Stern...then a couple years later I tried to listen to FM and made sure I had at least 2 subs going at once incase one radio dropped dead I'd have a back up or the interest stream.

Going back to FM is like convincing people to go back to AM from FM. It doesn't happen.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Good point not to mention that Fm is now becoming the new AM. All that is on it is top40, and news talk.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I got mine only for NASCAR Radio. That is really the only channel I listen to. Wish I could get a la carte, but can't with the radio I have.

Once in a while I jump over to 80's on 8 to remember the good old days :p

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I was thinking about it for about a year but I kept putting it off. When Howard announced he was probably going to one of them I took a guess and guessed right. I decided I was getting one so I took a chance that he would sign with Sirius.

Nov 9, 2008
nj
What brought me

What brought me was the Sirius audio quality(was better than xm',now defunct)
Sirius Djs and proramming (now XM most sirius everything is now xm).
I wish at least they would start playing MORE VARIETY like they used to.

siriusdude

Nov 19, 2008
I never would have bought a radio and subscription myslef. So, one Christmas my brother give me an Xact radio. Since he gave me the radio I figured what the hell I'll get a subscription and try it out. Sure am glad I did. Now I wouldn't know what to do without it. Regular radio just isn't the same.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
For me it was Howard. Though the comedy channels were always a big draw for me as well.

About to go onto my 3rd year of having Sirius, and I may be dropping them for XM due to the SkyDock...

Reactions: TSS Taylor

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i was always interested in satellite radio from launch. i had no income at the time so i couldn't justify getting in at the very start when i would have.

merger pushed me to take a serious look at both services. the day that the doj approved merger i got a sirius radio for two reasons:
1. while it was a merger of equals, technically sirius was buying xm. i figured more would be added to sirius than would be to xm.
2. the university of louisville had signed a contract with sirius two sports seasons prior.

the ironic part is that at the time, the pro sports i cared about (mlb, nhl) were on xm, the pro sports i could care less about (nba, nfl, nascar) were on sirius.

i don't use my reciever much now these days, mainly because sirius aparantly doesn't care about the stiletto 100s anymore (no channel logo updates, no channel id updates). i'm listening through pocket tunes on my iphone and it is very unfortunate that there is no sirius iphone app and dock in the works as there is for xm. why not listen through the sirixm online app? it requires a 128k subscription and as a lifer i was only given a 32k sub at that time and i'm not going to pay for the upgrade.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
i was always interested in satellite radio from launch. i had no income at the time so i couldn't justify getting in at the very start when i would have.

merger pushed me to take a serious look at both services. the day that the doj approved merger i got a sirius radio for two reasons:
1. while it was a merger of equals, technically sirius was buying xm. i figured more would be added to sirius than would be to xm.
2. the university of louisville had signed a contract with sirius two sports seasons prior.

the ironic part is that at the time, the pro sports i cared about (mlb, nhl) were on xm, the pro sports i could care less about (nba, nfl, nascar) were on sirius.

i don't use my reciever much now these days, mainly because sirius aparantly doesn't care about the stiletto 100s anymore (no channel logo updates, no channel id updates). i'm listening through pocket tunes on my iphone and it is very unfortunate that there is no sirius iphone app and dock in the works as there is for xm. why not listen through the sirixm online app? it requires a 128k subscription and as a lifer i was only given a 32k sub at that time and i'm not going to pay for the upgrade.
If you ask them nicely they just might upgrade you for free.