What Receivers do you have?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Every so often during the SBS days, we'd have a thread to mention what receivers we have and how they are set up.

What receivers do you have?

I'll go first: I've been listening since last Christmas to a Starmate 5 in my car and in the house through a boombox.

From 2004 through 2008, I had an Orbiter.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
For me:

SL2 with car dock, soloist in the kitchen and a boombox for my basement office. Use it about 8-10 hours a day.

For the wife:

Stratus in her car.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Kenwood H2A for the daughter's car

Kenwood DT-7000S for my home entertainment center

S50 in the office

Ford OEM in my company F150

Stiletto 2 for mom's sewing / exercising room

Stiletto for bedroom

Stiletto for a client

PNP1 Boombox for client (my boat dealer)

PNP1 Boombox for my lab techs at work

Starmate 4 for client

Kenwood KVT 915 for my personal car

Sportster for my boat

Kenwood in dash for mom's car

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
SL2 with both home and car docks, using it everywhere. :icon_biggrin:

I also use Pulsar on my Mac.

Last edited:

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Still using our first two radios -

Old School Starmate in the family mini-van. It worked fine in our old van, but we purchased a new one this year and I haven't been satisifed with how it looks (wires are hard to hide). I'd like to get sirius-ready headunit, but can't get past the cost.

SiriusOne for my car. It's tiny with only one line of display, but it gives me all the info I need. I really like it alot.

I'm pretty cheap when it comes to equipment. We bought the Starmate for $100, and got the SiriusOne during a promotion when we prepaid for service. We also listen throughout the house thru Dishnetwork and I have the premium internet for up at work which I listen to about 7-8 hrs a day.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sl2 for the last 2 years? ? ? ? An SL100 before that when they came out, and an S50 for a year before that.

I've got docks in my living room, home office, car, and at the office. I'm rocking the SL2 w/ headphones out in the yard.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Home: Sportster Replay through Ccrane FM transmitter. (3 years)

Everywhere else: Stiletto 100 with docks at home / car / work. (1 year)

SWEET GT

Aug 26, 2009
Alpine CDA-9857 in the Kia (daily driver)

Alpine IVA-W505 (Mustang/show car)

Iphone/app connected to PC speakers at work.

Online streaming sent OTA to an airport express at home (I can transmit it anywhere in the house to any speakers. I control the PC on the 2nd floor that streams it via my iphone as well.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I will only cover radios activated not those which never were (I bought a couple cheapo commanders on sale for their XM car antenna -- it was cheaper).

My first satrad was an Airware. I listened to it in the living room, the car and recorded (or live) content on the GO Train. It was subbed to XM Canada in 12/05. Then about 6 months later I bougt a second airware for my wife and did the US sub on it. 1 week later I cancelled my XM Canada sub and added my Airware as a family plan sub to the US acct. Later that fall, my Airware headphone jack stopped working and I bought a Tao for portability and in my bedroom.

In the spring of 2007 I ordered 2 Roady XTs for $10 a piece with 3 months subsciption to XM Canada. I gave one to my dad and used the other one for my second car. Renewed both at a good rate offer from XM Canada for 1 year. That summer, the wife was in an accident and our main car was tottled. In the spring of 2009 I traded in the second car and got a G5 with a 3 month free XM Canada subscription.

At some point in time I won a Timex XM Clock Radio from XMFAN. I transfered service off the RoadyXT to it briefly before tacking the remainder (actually re-renewing for 1 year) at the end of my car sub.

During that interval, in December of 2007, I bought an SL2 and did a lifetime sub on it. I use it now for the commute and listening to live satrad while walking the dog.

I will be getting the internet clock radio which will use my Sirius premium internet as a sub. I will then give my Tao to my 8 year old son who is dying to have is own.

My dad renewed his XM for one year but cancelled it this summer. He said he didn't use it enough to justify the cost although he did enjoy it.

ETA: The short reader's digest version is in my signature.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I've had 2 SL100's for almost three years now...both of them are on their last legs. The memory is screwed up, the recordings rarely work right anymore, the batteries always pop out once they warm up...it's terrible.

I have the boombox by my bed, the Executive system in the bathroom, the Soloist at my home computer desk, and a car dock in my truck.

Last edited:

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
A Sportster 3 in my car, another Sportster 3 in wifes truck. Not activated is a Stratus 4. I have a boombox for these for outdoor listening. In the house and in my office I listen online.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Currently, have a Starmate Replay in my living room, mostly to listen in the morning, and to broadcast into the kitchen and more importantly the shower. Plus Howard sounds better on the Sirius side. Have an Inno which I dock in the car, home dock at the office, one in the living room, just picked up an extra for my room (big house speakers) and also the white Belkin boombox where I take to the ball courts and anywhere else I want. The Inno is now the real workhouse.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Delphi XpressRC with the beautiful color screen. However, I am looking forward to giving it up in favor of the XM Skydock to use with my iPhone and/or iPod Touch.

Cardville

Apr 10, 2009
SL2 with car dock, home dock in the basement, soloist in the kitchen. Also have been listening on my iphone with the siriusxm app.

ThomasM

Aug 10, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I have a factory-installed Delphi XM radio in my '06 Chevy Impala with the deluxe sound system (Bose 6 speaker system + extra amplifier) and it sounds great!

At home I have a RoadyXT connected to a PA amplifier that distributes the sound to a speaker in EVERY room of my house, each with it's own volume control using a 70.7 volt distribution technique.

I also have a SkyFi2 with a boombox and a home kit connected to my stereo system. And I also have an XM in-building repeater which feeds all of my in-home setups.

Needless to say, I LIKE SiriusXM!!!