What radios us strong FM

vaham

Nov 6, 2008
Springfield, VA
I am familiar with the early Sirius Sportsters, but are there other Sirius or XM radios that use the strong , pre FCC mandate FM signal? Thanks

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
I am familiar with the early Sirius Sportsters, but are there other Sirius or XM radios that use the strong , pre FCC mandate FM signal? Thanks

The Audiovox PNP series uses the strong FM signal. I'm sure that the PNP2 and PNP3 do because I have one of the 3's and I would constantly get e-mails from Sirius about it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Older SkiFi2, RoadyXTs do. Be careful as there are newer neutered versions of both of these radios. If it has a red package .. forget it.

Reactions: xan_user

Chicago_Doggin

Jun 10, 2009
I have an old Xact Visor XTR3CK that is pre-FCC mandate and has a great FM signal. Covers most of the house and yard since it's in the back of the house. You can get external transmitters if you don't have a pre-mandate unit. There are several companies that sell them. TSS has one from Whole House. Amazon has some from C. Crain and a couple other mfrs.

FM Transmitters | TSS-Radio

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
I still have a SIRIUS Streamer (Orbiter) active that has a strong FM transmitter, but I wouldn't recommend it because it has an older chipset so it doesn't receive all of the channels. I have a brand new spare unit in reserve (thanks to TSS!) if I ever need it.

I have an XM Roady2 active that has a strong FM transmitter. I have the Best of SIRIUS on this receiver and it still works great. I have a brand new spare should this one break.

nillam1

Sep 14, 2009
Thats right!!!

I sold my Stilletto after my first S50 died on me and went on EBAY and bought 2 S50's. One in my car and 1 as a reserve. Granted they are older S50's so they dont have the fancy shmancy display that the newer ones have but i love having the stronger FM transmitter and i dont have to fool with all that FM adapter crap.

How can I tell which S50's have stronger FM transmitter? You mentioned about the display.

nillam1

Sep 14, 2009
Are you looking to get a setup for your home or car? We might have some older ones that still have the Strong FM. But no new ones at all will have them.

If I go to ebay, how can I tell which receivers have the older strong pre FCC pre 2006 FM transmitter? besides trusting the add, some people are not sure if they have it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.