What Non-NFL City should get a Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by semipenguin, Jan 23, 2009.

?

What Non-NFL City should get a Super Bowl?

1. Los Angeles

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Las Vegas

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. San Antonio, TX

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. Mobile, AL

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Other

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Given that some of these cities might have to build a stadium, maybe even a doomed stadium, but which Non-NFL City should be able to host a Super Bowl?

The city of Palo Alto got to host SB 19. They don't have an NFL team

Los Angeles
    Las Vegas
    San Antonio, TX
    Mobile, AL
    Other

2. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

Des Moines, they don't have much in the way of pro sports out there

3. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

That was quick...:shock:

Vote for Other...:)

4. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I think LA would make the most sense. I'm still not sure why that city doesn't have a franchise. They had two of them at one point...I guess the LA residents have better things to do on Sunday afternoons. Can't really blame 'em though. It's not like a Pittsburgh or a Kansas City where there's not much else to do once winter rolls around .

I don't see the NFL ever getting involved with Las Vegas. Everyone knows that gambling is a major reason why the NFL is so popular, but they'll never come out and admit it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  5. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

How about Juneau? Sarah Palin could commision for it

6. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'd vote for Los Angeles as well.

Oklahoma City is another one, not sure if they would have the stadium for it?

7. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

L.A makes the most sense. It would be pandemonium though

8. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

IMO no non NFL city should get a Super Bowl. I think all NFL cities should get a Super Bowl on a rotating basis. It may come every 32 years, but it does come.

9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I voted Las Vegas, they could have girls dance in cages at the end zone. :D

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Toronto, ON.

We have a dome.

11. Supafly

Supafly Member

None. And games shouldn't be played away from the home teams stadium (ie. other countries).

12. givemealiter

givemealiter Member

i picked LA but i really would say that if i choose other, i would say knoxville, tennessee with theyre stadium that holds over 100000, that would be a pretty attentence record :p

13. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Well-Known Member

I guess if you really have even been here to Pittsburgh in the winter time you need to find new friends here. There's plenty to do. I thnk that you just hang out with the wrong people.

No non-NFL city should host a Super Bowl.

14. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Never been there...didn't mean to offend you or any other Pittsburgh natives. I just picked two random, cold-weather NFL cities off the top of my head. I'm sure you have a very happening city there.

15. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Well-Known Member

I don't think that the Super Bowl needs to be held here anyway. Hell, it's 19 degrees today!

16. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Yeah it'll never happen. Unless you have a domed stadium in a cold-weather city (Indy, Detroit), the Super Bowl will never come. But I'd rather be winning them than hosting them anyway. You guys have gotten pretty good at the former.

17. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

LA or Las Vegas would pull in the best entertainment. Tampa is nice (Outback Bowl and all) but with having Bruce Springsteen that is bound to fuel the fire around here about E Street Radio.

18. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  19. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

20. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

We don't understand why you put down a city (Pittsburgh) when you have never been there. :pointlaugh:

Unbelievable.

I am sure you will do fine in the corporate world. :eek:

Back on topic: I think any place in the USA with a dome type stadium should be eligible for a Super Bowl. Are the new Yankee or Mets stadium going to have a retractable roof?