What Music Apps do you use on your iPhone?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I need an iPhone compatible FM transmitter, I have one for the 8GB iPod Nano but doesn't work with iPhone.

jeddeth

Oct 28, 2008
Ipod
Orb Live - streams usirius and live tv to my iphone
Slacker
Usirius Starplayr (beta testing)
Public Radio - I love this app
Wunder Radio - plays real player streams
Sticher - awesome app
Tuner
NPR Mobile
Concert Vault - classic rock you will not hear anywhere else divided up by artists. Amazing.
Last.fm good for researching unkown bands people may mention to you.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Ipod
Orb Live - streams usirius and live tv to my iphone
Slacker
Usirius Starplayr (beta testing)
Public Radio - I love this app
Wunder Radio - plays real player streams
Sticher - awesome app
Tuner
NPR Mobile
Concert Vault - classic rock you will not hear anywhere else divided up by artists. Amazing.
Last.fm good for researching unkown bands people may mention to you.

I have most of these as well (stitcher radio I wasn't real impressed with, but maybe I'll give it a second chance) between AOL, iheartradio, the Public Radio apps and Flycast and a few others I must have every station in the world, or damn near. Then you add Slacker, Pandora and Last.fm and my own personal collection and that makes it even better.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I listen at work over 3g... computers are locked down and no wifi available. It works great. Some apps, like slacker, sound perfect.

Thats cool because I am looking at in the future getting a Iphone just so I can basically have it all if you know what I mean. Does the Slacker app repeat songs alot or is it like the web player.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Thats cool because I am looking at in the future getting a Iphone just so I can basically have it all if you know what I mean. Does the Slacker app repeat songs alot or is it like the web player.

The slacker app is like the web player. You get access to all the stations on the web player including your custom stations and whatever favorites you've saved from other people's custom stations. For Instance I have DAB's new age station in my favorites. Also unlike the G2 it let's you ban artist as well as song. And for a free app it's very nicely done.
Posted via Mobile Device

jeddeth

Oct 28, 2008

I have yet to hear a repeat on the iphone app!

Is this everyone's experience? I feel like the web player / iphone app has a much larger available catalog.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
LOL! You nut! hehehe

I can't wait to hear what you think!

I took the Slacker plunge, and it's awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Maybe after playing around with it for a while online and with my iPhone, maybe I'll pick up a player. The Blackberry app looks promising too. I just have to wait until Verizon approves the OS upgrade to my 8830.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I took the Slacker plunge, and it's awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Maybe after playing around with it for a while online and with my iPhone, maybe I'll pick up a player. The Blackberry app looks promising too. I just have to wait until Verizon approves the OS upgrade to my 8830.

Yeah I think them putting these apps on the Blackberry along with the iPhone/iPod Touch was very smart. Sirius could learn a lesson from this.

I think you'll especially love the ability to cache channels on that Blackberry once they do approve the newer OS for your phone. Does your have an external slot for memory?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Yeah I think them putting these apps on the Blackberry along with the iPhone/iPod Touch was very smart. Sirius could learn a lesson from this.

I think you'll especially love the ability to cache channels on that Blackberry once they do approve the newer OS for your phone. Does your have an external slot for memory?

Sirius could stand to take a page from Slacker, and put all their stations on a free app, available to all, but stick one or two commercials every half hour on there. And if you want noncommercial you subscribe to a plan.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York

The 8830 does have a Micro SD slot. They put it in the battery compartment under the battery. So you have to pull the battery to get at it. Brilliant. I have a 2 GB card in there now with some MP3's. Between my iPod and my Rhapsody to go subscription, I really have no use for the music on there. So, I'm looking for an excuse to put that memory card to some good use. The other stupid thing about the device is that they put a 2.5mm headphone jack on there...so you need an adapter to use normal headphones. Although there is multimedia capabilities on the device, it was definately an afterthought.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I have only been using the iHeartRadio app.

If and when the Xm/Sirius one gets released, I will use that one also.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I will add 'Public Radio' to my list of apps. Any NPR/PRI or other Public radio station in the nation, all 50 states. Good stuff for news junkies like me.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I deleted the Slacker app from my 3g; The app would crash after EVERY song. Too many log in failures as well. Back to Pandora for me.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Seems to me these newer 3G phones and newer iPod Toches have had nothing but problems with a lot of apps, yet folks with the older version have very little if any problems. Whatever Apple changed between generations is really causing a lot of problems.

My Slacker works flawlessly and has never crashed a single time since I installed it.