What most of us have been waiting for!!!!!!

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
For the first time, SiriusXM will simulcast the SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel’s programming - including all live NASCAR races - online and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App

SiriusXM broadcasts every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race nationwide

SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel offers fans 24/7 NASCAR talk, news and analysis

NEW YORK – March 21, 2012 – Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) and NASCAR announced today an agreement to simulcast the programming on the SiriusXM NASCAR Radio channel in its entirety – which includes live broadcasts of every national series race, plus daily NASCAR talk – online for SiriusXM subscribers nationwide.

Starting with this weekend’s races in Fontana, CA (March 24-25), subscribers who have SiriusXM Internet Radio access can listen to live broadcasts of every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on the SiriusXM NASCAR radio channel through their computers at siriusxm.com and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphone and wireless devices.

SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90, is available to Sirius subscribers, XM Premier (formerly known as “The Best of Siriusâ€) and SiriusXM Premier subscribers.

SiriusXM NASCAR Radio is the only radio channel dedicated to NASCAR racing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The channel’s daily talk programming will begin simulcasting online on Thursday, March 22. Throughout the season, NASCAR fans get a daily lineup of call-in talk shows that feature up-to-the-moment news, expert analysis and interviews with the biggest names in the sport, plus specials hosted by three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart.

“Extending our broadcasting agreement with SiriusXM was a big offseason move for the sport,†said Brian France, Chairman and CEO of NASCAR. “A dedicated NASCAR channel is important for our teams, tracks, drivers and sponsors and is crucial for fan engagement and audience growth. Being able to simulcast SiriusXM NASCAR Radio online to subscribers nationwide will allow us additional opportunities to take our product to new fans in new places.â€

“SiriusXM NASCAR Radio has become a part of many NASCAR fans’ daily lives and with so many fans now connecting to their sport through handheld devices, we want to give them an easy way to access the sport they love online and in mobile settings,†said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer. “NASCAR is an excellent partner and its programming continues to be a key element in the SiriusXM lineup. We’re very pleased to now deliver to our subscribers live coverage of every race broadcast, plus our unparalleled daily talk and analysis, through their computers and mobile devices in addition to their satellite radios.â€

SiriusXM and NASCAR recently agreed to a five-year extension of their satellite broadcasting agreement. SiriusXM will continue to broadcast every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race live nationwide through 2016. Listeners also get daily NASCAR talk and expert analysis 365 days a year on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90.

For more info visit 24/7 NASCAR Talk & Every Race - NASCAR - Sports - SiriusXM NASCAR Radio - SiriusXM Satellite Radio - SiriusXM Radio or The Official Site of NASCAR News, Video, Drivers, Tracks, Schedules & Fantasy | NASCAR.COM. Follow us on Twitter at @SiriusXMNASCAR and @NASCAR.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
That's great. My have to start up my SiriusXM subscription via the app again. I decided not to resubscribe when the dropped BBC Radio1...

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk :)

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
BOOM!!!! I was thinking about how that was the only thing keeping me from using my phone and the app in my pickup was no NASCAR radio.

I am getting rid of a radio sub, paring it down to one radio for the wife (she has to drive to BFE where 3G doesn't reach), and an online for myself.

Reactions: semipenguin

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I am getting rid of a radio sub, paring it down to one radio for the wife (she has to drive to BFE where 3G doesn't reach), and an online for myself.

Similar to what I'm doing. I'm getting rid of two radios, keeping one and going with the online and app for myself. The announcement yesterday will go far to help with our monthly budget.

NASCAR Radio was the whole reason that I went with satellite radio a long, long time ago when it was first on XM. Since then I've moved to Sirius and then again back to XM because that's all they offered in two of my GM vehicles. I have to wonder how many more there are out there like us that will be dropping a radio or two to go with the app/internet option instead? Could this end up costing SiriusXM radio subscriptions overall. This could get interesting.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Yeah, but I think SXM had seen the writing on the wall about the shift from a sat radio to apps/smartphones. I remember a few years ago, I was saying "heck with the online, I have to have the receiver in my truck." But now I figure if I'm going somewhere with spotty 3G, I can fall back on podcasts and Slacker cached stations. It seems now that SXM has great sports (and maybe Political) talk, but there's better options for music in the smartphone apps.

Anyway, I am going to see if I can find a car mount that fits my phone and calling up sirius today.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Great news and its about time too. I was dissappointed when I got Sirius (for NASCAR) the I found out I couldn't listen to NASCAR talk at work.

MikeV

Oct 15, 2008
Northern VA, USA
www.mikev.com
So does anyone know when it will be available? No hardware receiver for me, but when I paid for Sirius Online last night, NASCAR radio doesn't seem to be an option for me to listen to. On the web player, it shows up but is grayed out. I'll be quickly cancelling if you need to have a satellite receiver to get NASCAR Radio online...

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
It's available now and has been for the past month or so. I'm listening to it off of the phone app as I type. This morning I was listening to it online. I haven't heard of a requirement to have a satellite receiver in order to get the NASCAR Radio channel. I think that you probably should call them (1-866-635-2349). Let us know what you find out.

Also..... They just upgraded their online service and their phone app. The pause/rewind/fast forward feature is great.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
So does anyone know when it will be available? No hardware receiver for me, but when I paid for Sirius Online last night, NASCAR radio doesn't seem to be an option for me to listen to. On the web player, it shows up but is grayed out. I'll be quickly cancelling if you need to have a satellite receiver to get NASCAR Radio online...

Did you subscribe the the XM version? If that's the case you may not get it.

I have one Sirius Lifetime subscription & one XM Lifetime subscription. When I decided to get the mobile subscription I got the Sirius one...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2.0 :)

MikeV

Oct 15, 2008
Northern VA, USA
www.mikev.com
Did you subscribe the the XM version? If that's the case you may not get it.

I have one Sirius Lifetime subscription & one XM Lifetime subscription. When I decided to get the mobile subscription I got the Sirius one...

I don't have a satellite receiver (at this point; used to, twice now, in the past)... I'm internet-only, and there was no XM or Sirius option when I signed up for the internet only option. I know that there's a difference between the satellite content for the two. I didn't get a chance to call today... will definitely do so tomorrow.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I don't have a satellite receiver (at this point; used to, twice now, in the past)... I'm internet-only, and there was no XM or Sirius option when I signed up for the internet only option. I know that there's a difference between the satellite content for the two. I didn't get a chance to call today... will definitely do so tomorrow.

Good luck. Don't take no for an answer. You paid for NASCAR, you should get it :)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I'm subscribed though XM and I'm able to pick the channel up. I don't know if it's simply the package that I have or what.

I subscribed thru the Sirius side & I only get Sirius channels & programs. No MLB Channel. No Indy Car Channel. No Oprah.

I don't really care because I can use my XM radio to listen to everything if I need to :)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I subscribed thru the Sirius side & I only get Sirius channels & programs. No MLB Channel. No Indy Car Channel. No Oprah.

I don't really care because I can use my XM radio to listen to everything if I need to :)

I'd think that since they merged that everything would be available to everyone but I guess they have their reasons and I'd bet it's all $'s related.

I have to tell you though, this internet/smart phone broadcasting of the NASCAR channel is something that I've been waiting for, for a long time. I'm really enjoying this. I was able to give up a couple of my radio subscriptions and save some money in the process by making the switch. Two thumbs up to SiriusXM Radio. :agree:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I'd think that since they merged that everything would be available to everyone but I guess they have their reasons and I'd bet it's all $'s related.

I have to tell you though, this internet/smart phone broadcasting of the NASCAR channel is something that I've been waiting for, for a long time. I'm really enjoying this. I was able to give up a couple of my radio subscriptions and save some money in the process by making the switch. Two thumbs up to SiriusXM Radio. :agree:

Internet radio is a great option for those who want to listen at work, but can't use a regular satellite radio. I'm glad its working for you :)

MikeV

Oct 15, 2008
Northern VA, USA
www.mikev.com
FYI... To get NASCAR Radio online, you need to have their "premier package" which is only available if you have a physical radio (and most likely a Sirius radio at that). So they've refunded my money, and I'll go back to Slacker again.

There is NOTHING on the Sirius website that says that you need a physical radio to receive NASCAR Radio (or other play-by-play sports!) through their internet service.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
FYI... To get NASCAR Radio online, you need to have their "premier package" which is only available if you have a physical radio (and most likely a Sirius radio at that). So they've refunded my money, and I'll go back to Slacker again.

There is NOTHING on the Sirius website that says that you need a physical radio to receive NASCAR Radio (or other play-by-play sports!) through their internet service.

That's a load of crap :mad:

It's crap like this that makes me wish there wasn't a merger :(

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA

Sorry to hear that.

I must have the XM Premier Package. I don't own a Sirius Radio. My physical radio is in a GM product and is most definitely an XM radio.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
You can bet I will pretty much will stop doing business with them after 7 years. I'm just not in my car enough to want to keep the riding side active and I sure as heck and keeping it just so I can stream Nascrap on my phone while I'm at work.