What Holiday Is It Today?

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Every so often I see these weird random holidays either from social media or from the news. Like pancakes, french fries day, etc. Why not have a thread to promote certain days. Especially what today is:

It Golden Girls day. So thank you everybody and you Koop for being a friend! :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It's turned into complete stupidity. Why do we need a golden girls day or a fries day? Complete waste of human resources.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Every so often I see these weird random holidays either from social media or from the news. Like pancakes, french fries day, etc. Why not have a thread to promote certain days. Especially what today is:

It Golden Girls day. So thank you everybody and you Koop for being a friend! :)

F you Wolf.

Reactions: Wolf

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Devo had other top40 hits. Not as big.
So did a-ha.

I think the only real one hit wonder is come on Eileen.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Devo had other top40 hits. Not as big.
So did a-ha.

I think the only real one hit wonder is come on Eileen.
Technically, that list is absolutely correct. Devo only had 1 top 40 hit. Working in the Coal Mine hit 43, Freedom of Choice hit 103, Satisfaction and Girl U Want didn't chart.

I think the list sucks, because as you point out, there are many bands that had several hits, just not top 40 on the Billboard pop charts in the US. Also, I've never heard of three-quarters of the bands they list.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Ya see, when Rick first hit MTV back in the day, everyone thought he was lip syncing because he sounded like an older, seasoned, R&B singer. The voice sounded more seasoned than you would expect from a skinny white kid.

Willi Vanilli was all lip syncing, and nobody knew who was singing. They were so embarrassing that nobody wanted to claim them.