What happened to Orbitcast?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Still, he's most likely losing readers who are tired of coming back and looking at the same picture every day.

I'm not sure the site hasn't outlived its usefulness to begin with. If I were looking at satellite radio as a potential customer and looked at that site, and saw the comments on an average thread, I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR satellite radio and would run screaming from it. I don't know why there isn't more moderation.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I'm not sure the site hasn't outlived its usefulness to begin with. If I were looking at satellite radio as a potential customer and looked at that site, and saw the comments on an average thread, I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR satellite radio and would run screaming from it. I don't know why there isn't more moderation.

Yeah this freedom thing Ryan has always had going on to me has always been such a turn off, all they do is bicker and complain. Most of it is the same few people that just constantly bash sat radio and it just goes on totally unabated.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
There's been absolutely nothing in terms of Sat Rad news lately... No reason to post.

Nothing in Satellite Radio news? What about the activation of the new SIRIUS bird that was launched recently?

Anyways, I usually go to Tyler's blog SiriusBuzz for my news.

Ryan just doesn't have his heart in it anymore (and probably has a lot of other stuff on his plate to deal with).

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
1 week late on a pretty simple story. I am not sure that is back in business. Its barely keeping a blog alive.

Yes, but there is the promise of a slew of new postings to come. :yesshake:

Also, looks like guest posts are welcome.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Been over a month since anything new. Is the satrad world just that slow?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Been over a month since anything new. Is the satrad world just that slow?

No. He missed the earnings call, several specials. This site is much better at breaking info now than orbitcast.

ETA: I remember when I first found out that the internet had sites where I could share my love for XM and then found orbitcast, Ryan would be live blogging the earnings (or lack thereof) calls for both Sirius and XM. Now he doesn't even post a summary article. That kind of outlines how the site and certainly Ryan's passion has kind of died.

Last edited: