What happened to Orbitcast?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have noticed that Orbitcast seems to be dead. Last update was 05/02. Ryan missed the 2009 Q2 earnings call entierely. Its been spotty for months.

I am assuming that TSS and others are still paying advertising to Orbitcast. Does anybody know what is going on?

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Count me as another one wondering what is going on...for Ryan to miss 2 big events, Rehr resigning, and the Earnings Call, wow...:confused:

Hope everything is OK, Ryan does a great job over there.

roscoryan

DRC Graphics Guru
Oct 13, 2008
Burnsville, MN
There still haven't been any updates. Losing Orbitcast and Ryan's support of satellite radio would be a huge loss to our community.

:(

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
Orbitcast is like the only sat radio site that is not blocked yet at my work. It's basically the only site I can get to for some information.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I have been noticing he has been updating his Twitter much more so, than the site itself, again to agree with RR it would be a loss to the Sat Rad Community, as far as news on Sat Radio it is a great site. Plus, Ryan is very Savvy about radio and the radio biz in general.

:(

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Judging by the nature of some of the comments (the O&A-Stern flamewars, the trolls), I wouldn't be surprised if he shut it down for that reason. One wonders if he just pulled a Ziggy (XM411 hasn't been updated in YEARS) and just quit.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
He should at least release a statement, or put "closed" on his website. Instead of having a picture of Grandmaster Flash.

And if he doesn't like the comments, you can always kill them by taking that feature off.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Time to start throwing it out there again, Ryan has only had 1 post since June, and that was a week ago... Has there not been enough postable news? Or is Ryan on vacation?:scratch:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Time to start throwing it out there again, Ryan has only had 1 post since June, and that was a week ago... Has there not been enough postable news? Or is Ryan on vacation?:scratch:

I was just wondering the same thing. I assume given the large number of more intrusive ads that he should have some interest in keeping the site going. It used to be I would get my information from orbitcast and post it here or XMFAN. Now I get my information here or XMFAN (if you know how to filter out the crap) long before it ever appears on Orbitcast (if ever). I can only assume that his RL has taken more time.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I was just wondering the same thing. I assume given the large number of more intrusive ads that he should have some interest in keeping the site going. It used to be I would get my information from orbitcast and post it here or XMFAN. Now I get my information here or XMFAN (if you know how to filter out the crap) long before it ever appears on Orbitcast (if ever). I can only assume that his RL has taken more time.

Still, he's most likely losing readers who are tired of coming back and looking at the same picture every day.