What Does This Have To Do With The Show?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Ok, fine.

This headline...he out-Richarded Richard!

I also thought he looked a bit like ETM.

Reactions: JHDK

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Neil deGrasse Tyson is on Conan tonight. He started by talking about the on-set moon.

Meanwhile, Howard wanted to blow the moon up.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Neil deGrasse Tyson is on Conan tonight. He started by talking about the on-set moon.

Meanwhile, Howard wanted to blow the moon up.

I like NDT and thought the new version of cosmos was cool but he needs to chill on being a spoil sport. he insists on going around like a fuddy duddy and pointing out all the flaws in movies and tv shows that meant as fictional entertainment.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I like NDT and thought the new version of cosmos was cool but he needs to chill on being a spoil sport. he insists on going around like a fuddy duddy and pointing out all the flaws in movies and tv shows that meant as fictional entertainment.

I get like that. Couldn't enjoy "Gravity" because as a geek I inherently know that the Hubble Space Telescope, ISS, and Chinese space station are in completely different orbits. You can't hop from one to another without MAJOR v.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I get like that. Couldn't enjoy "Gravity" because as a geek I inherently know that the Hubble Space Telescope, ISS, and Chinese space station are in completely different orbits. You can't hop from one to another without MAJOR v.
Most movies and shows require some level of suspended belief, and everyone's got a threshold for that, before they bail.

Reactions: JHDK

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

So, in other words, like half the internet who turns on a show like 24 or Hawaii 5-0 and wants something as truthful and believable as a Discovery Channel documentary.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Most movies and shows require some level of suspended belief, and everyone's got a threshold for that, before they bail.

I didn't bail. I appreciated the film-making, but yes, I had to bail out mentally when it came to the "science." What really annoys me though isn't artistic license. It's when the "news media" starts doing stories of the film as a science lesson of some kind.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

that's exactly it. like i fully buy into the walking dead world but if superman were to show up all of a sudden it wouldn't be "realistic" anymore.

Reactions: Bark

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Honorable mention:

WELCOME BACK TO HOWARD 101...I'M SCOTTY FERRALL SH-SH SHAKE IT UPPPP!!! WE GOT A SPECIAL GUEST IN THE STUDIO BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE WITH SWEET LOU AND MAFIA!!!!

(This video is the mashup of what could potentially happen if those two got together.)

The narrator does sound a bit like that pasty white boy, Mr. Brent "Citizen's Arrest" Hatley.

Reactions: microbob

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Dumps, hehehe.

jackie-laugh-237664221.gif~c200