What did you do on New Years?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I got hammered with an old friend, we drank and talked until well after 4. The worst part is I got the stomach flu or food poisoning sometime that night. I didn't really feel sick until Friday afternoon except for my hangover. I never felt so awful as to have a New Years hangover with the stomach flu on top. Ugh, I think I lost 10 pounds, didn't eat for 3 days. Puking pure stomach acid and water at 7 am Jan 2 wasn't fun either. I feel much better now, though my throat still burns a bit.

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I hope you feel better Blyons!

It was snowing at my house so we stayed in, watched movies..watched the ball drop..drank a bottle of wine we bought at a wine tasting party.. opened some champagne and then drank it in orange juice with breakfast the next morning..

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I watched Fox News on my Time Warner hoping it'd go black if the contract expired... no such luck.

I also watched Dick Clark do the countdown, "14, 12, 10, 11, 9..." :2funny:

Other than that, I ate a lot, drank alot, and watched a lot of Twilght Zone :bigthumbup:

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Stooges Marathon. Was there anything else on TV? I dunno.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Stayed up to watch the ball drop, then went right to bed. Watched the Mythbusters marathon all day New Year's Day. :egypt:

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
What a bunch of alcoholics on this thread!! :pointer:

I did my usual yearly routine of watching the ball drop, then I went to Lewis Black's health club...AKA IHOP. :D

I also watched Dick Clark do the countdown, "14, 12, 10, 11, 9..." :2funny:

Dude, that's not cool. The man had a stroke, but at least he's doing his best to do the countdown.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Never blame it on the booze

I got hammered with an old friend, we drank and talked until well after 4. The worst part is I got the stomach flu or food poisoning sometime that night. I didn't really feel sick until Friday afternoon except for my hangover. I never felt so awful as to have a New Years hangover with the stomach flu on top. Ugh, I think I lost 10 pounds, didn't eat for 3 days. Puking pure stomach acid and water at 7 am Jan 2 wasn't fun either. I feel much better now, though my throat still burns a bit.

Yeah right, it was the stomach flu or food poisoning. ;)

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Dude, that's not cool. The man had a stroke, but at least he's doing his best to do the countdown.

No seriously, that's an exact quote from what Dick Clark said on the broadcast!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0VqQnbccW4]YouTube - Dick Clark 2010 countdown FAIL[/ame]

Granted, I applaud the guy for what he did the first year he came back, and even the second year, but now it's just distracting. It's supposed to be this universal and intimate moment with loved ones, and the guy makes it all about himself. And he gets away with it based only on nostalgia. Now, it's just sad.

Again, I'm not trying to be insensitive towards people that have had a stroke, and he's had many great years and has created a lot of memories, but it's time for Dick Clark to retire.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
No seriously, that's an exact quote from what Dick Clark said on the broadcast!

YouTube - Dick Clark 2010 countdown FAIL

Granted, I applaud the guy for what he did the first year he came back, and even the second year, but now it's just distracting. It's supposed to be this universal and intimate moment with loved ones, and the guy makes it all about himself. And he gets away with it based only on nostalgia. Now, it's just sad.

Again, I'm not trying to be insensitive towards people that have had a stroke, and he's had many great years and has created a lot of memories, but it's time for Dick Clark to retire.

Personally, I think it's brave what Dick Clark does. He's shown the world that he's not the "world's oldest teenager" he once was. True, he's hard to understand and can't count backwards like he once did, but he wants the world to know that's he's still with us and not be another celebrity withering away into old age.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Yeah right, it was the stomach flu or food poisoning. ;)

Never puked from a hangover in my life, and I've had way worse hangovers than that. I felt the usual hangover until about 6:30 pm, and then all of a sudden I felt 10 times worse. I slept in my car from about 7 to 9 pm because I was so sick I couldn't bring myself to stand up. I sat in there until 12 and finally went in and laid down. I couldn't sleep a wink though. I got up and 7 and bought some antacid but about 5 minutes after I took it, blam, puke city. I think it was the crab legs I had New Years Eve. The alcohol held the food poisoning at bay, but didn't quite kill it off, and when the alcohol left my system it came back with a vengence. That's my theory anyway.

Still had a lot of fun over my 3 week Christmas vacation. Kinda ready to get back to somewhat of a routine.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
NOTHING! My wife and I decided we were not having anyone over and we were not going out and we are NOT sitting up drinking until midnight, we were asleep by 10:30pm. The next morning when we made our obligatory New Years calls EVERYONE we spoke to sounded like the walking dead, my wife and I were cool.:p

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
We stayed home and watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN. I drank beer. I can't stand Champagne.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
We stayed home and watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN. I drank beer. I can't stand Champagne.

You mean you watched this?:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pKju96UNqY&feature=related]YouTube - Kathy Griffin says "Fucking" live on CNN![/ame]

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I went skiing. It was my first time skiing drunk (I've done it stoned and on acid before but never drunk) and it isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I went skiing. It was my first time skiing drunk (I've done it stoned and on acid before but never drunk) and it isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Skiing on acid?! LOL!!!!

We always used to bring Blackberry brandy when we went. And drank at the ski lodge. And then fell alot.