what band should they or will they give a station to next?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
If you really want a single-artist channel, I draw your attention to something called... wait for it... SLACKER RADIO!

HCLogo

Dec 28, 2008
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Here's my proposal...

Why not take 2 channels and make one of them a single artist channel, rotating bi-weekly and make the other channel only live performances? Then nobody's favorite channel is getting hijacked, and those that enjoy these things are satisfied as well.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Here's my proposal...

Why not take 2 channels and make one of them a single artist channel, rotating bi-weekly and make the other channel only live performances? Then nobody's favorite channel is getting hijacked, and those that enjoy these things are satisfied as well.

Sounds kinda labor-intensive... I don't think they like to put that much thought into the programming.

:(

erock9174

Mar 17, 2009
I'd like to see Margaritaville become "The Best of What's Around" channel a.k.a. Dave Matthews Band music

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Slacker Radio - Due to licensing requirements and the fact that no one there is sleeping with a record company exec - doesn't have the SAC ability. There is a "Metallica Radio" custom channel on the slacker boards that's quite good, but it doesn't play ALL Metallica.

As many times as they've killed the Bridge, I wouldn't wish a SAC on anyone.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Screw it.

Give HecticArt a station!

I guarantee that it'll get higher ratings than the Paul McCartney station.

I have always said a lot of us here could run a station better than some of the mental midgets running things now. :egypt:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
But I can already do that on Slacker.

Oh wait, did I say that out loud? :p

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Depeche Mode. New CD dropping next month followed by a tour of the world. Will probably give 'em a week on first wave. They have plenty of material if they play the alternative/remixed versions.

Realistically, probably U2. Surprised that it hasn't happened yet. Their blitz over the past month for the new release was big.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
My money's on a dual format station..

hannah-montana-and-miley-cyrus1.jpg