What are you playing?

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I never play PS3 games (well, we play the BUZZ! party games when people are over).

Yesterday I bought God of War III. What I saw online looked amazing.

We don't like complicated controls any more. I plan to hack and slash through this thing (PLEASE!!), but I don't know yet.

;)

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Nothing, I am saving myself for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I have every Zelda game and corresponding game system.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I never play PS3 games (well, we play the BUZZ! party games when people are over).

Yesterday I bought God of War III. What I saw online looked amazing.

We don't like complicated controls any more. I plan to hack and slash through this thing (PLEASE!!), but I don't know yet.

;)

How is it???

I really want to buy this but, being the purist that I am, have to beat II before I start.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
How is it???

I really want to buy this but, being the purist that I am, have to beat II before I start.

Hi Vargas!

I just got it in the mail yesterday, and I played it for only 30 mins or so (it was after midnight). So far, pretty impressive, but I didn't get that far. This HUGE crab-like creature is killing me (while I'm on the underside of this titan's arm.)

I'll periodically report as I move forward in the game. I'll likely try it again tonight.

One of many great video reviews here: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPXFf1eNai4[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Hi Vargas!

I just got it in the mail yesterday, and I played it for only 30 mins or so (it was after midnight). So far, pretty impressive, but I didn't get that far. This HUGE crab-like creature is killing me (while I'm on the underside of this titan's arm.)

I'll periodically report as I move forward in the game. I'll likely try it again tonight.

One of many great video reviews here: YouTube - ‪God of War 3: Video Game Review (10/10) S02E16‬‏

Awesome! I became obsessed with God of War I in the early spring and played it--great ending. I started II in the late spring but since the weather has been so nice and baseball season started (and now ended for us) I haven't cranked it up in a while. I need a crappy rainy day.

Did you play I and II? I assume yes. Anyway, report in!

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Awesome! I became obsessed with God of War I in the early spring and played it--great ending. I started II in the late spring but since the weather has been so nice and baseball season started (and now ended for us) I haven't cranked it up in a while. I need a crappy rainy day.

Did you play I and II? I assume yes. Anyway, report in!

No, I didn't. I'm totally new to this.

I (we) STILL can't beat the monstrous crab with the horse face. lol ;)

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
GOW 3 is a really really good game. They did a phenominal job at "hiding" the loading screens in that game. The first 30 minutes of the game is really really cool.

On an unrelated note, I was bored last night and threw in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I loaded my most recent save and saw that I had logged over 90 hours and hadn't touched the actual main storyline (beyond what you have to do in the opening of the game). So now I'm playing oblivion again. we'll see if the sidequests make me stray off course again. :)

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
GOW 3 is a really really good game. They did a phenominal job at "hiding" the loading screens in that game. The first 30 minutes of the game is really really cool.

On an unrelated note, I was bored last night and threw in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I loaded my most recent save and saw that I had logged over 90 hours and hadn't touched the actual main storyline (beyond what you have to do in the opening of the game). So now I'm playing oblivion again. we'll see if the sidequests make me stray off course again. :)

I have that, but I left the game after I couldn't catch the last wolf (running searching, searching, searching, couldn't find it, for hours...) , then there were the bottles of wine...

Great game. I just stopped playing it because it was taking enormous amounts of time.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum again yesterday. Man, I forgot how cool that game was. Wondered why I sold it in the first place. Felt kinda lame, bought Gears 2 while I was there to have a 2-player co-op for the wife and I, and the guy asked me why I just didn't pre-order Arkham City and Gears 3....

Played a couple PS3 demos for God of War Origins, El Shaddai: Rise of the Metatron, and From Dust.

I'll be getting all three. El Shaddai has amazing cell animation....looks like a Japanese Don Bluth movie.

From Dust is kind of an on the fly Sim Earth god game with some thinking and strategy
required, but it's pretty relaxing.

Already preordered Battlefield 3, and will be buying Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3.

Also can't wait for Bioshock Infinite. That one kind of flew under my radar until I watched this E3 video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU]BioShock Infinite: 15 Minutes of Gameplay Footage [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
hah. Sort of like the paranoia that Metal Gear Solid Snake induced. When the game started flickering out you thought your system was frying, then it starts commanding you to turn the game off and go back to reality.

Metal Gear was always seen as a competitor to Splinter Cell, but I never cared for Metal Gear. SC is absolutely unique--it's stealth action on steroids. Or maybe on valium...sometimes it's just cool to sit in the environments and admire the graphics for a while.

I dug Chaos Theory the most out of the Xbox ones. One of my favorite musicians, Amon Tobin did the soundtrack, so I also went out and bought the vinyl release.

splinter-cell-3-soundtrack1.jpg

I should go back and play the last one they did for this generation of consoles.

Chance00

Oct 15, 2008
Chicago
I should go back and play the last one they did for this generation of consoles.

SC: Conviction was "ok". Very different from the true stealth formula of the original splinter cell games. What was frustrating was that no matter how "stealthy" you played, it always devolved into a massive shootout at the end of the level.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
SC: Conviction was "ok". Very different from the true stealth formula of the original splinter cell games. What was frustrating was that no matter how "stealthy" you played, it always devolved into a massive shootout at the end of the level.

That's a shame...I need a 360 so I can keep up!