What are you playing?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Atari is a bit before my time but I can get down with some NES and SNES classics all day!

I’ll have to check that out.
There is another emulator called Mame that a friend of mine helped create. It’s got the classic arcade games. I hadn’t thought about that for years. I assume it’s still around.

DUDE!!! Mame is super famous. It is one of the many emulators that run on the Chinese handheld devices that keep coming out. I have a couple and constantly watch videos about the new ones on the market.

Lots of these Chinese Handhelds can run everything up to and including PS1. N64 and Dreamcast still seem beyond their reach at this point. Now if you have a good enough Android phone it doesn't really matter because they will run but if you want a dedicated handheld the wait continues for near perfect N64 and Dreamcast emulation.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My buddy was one of the founders. (If that's the right term for them.)
He had the motherboards for a LOT of arcade games on shelves in his workroom. He had one full size upright video game console with a PC in it. He could pull up any of the games. It was pretty cool.
The guy is crazy smart.

Reactions: MonoStereo and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I have more Switch games than I know what to do with but that isn't stopping me from a fun little project today. I'm turning my phone into an emulation machine. So far I've started with N64 and I intend to add GBA and Dreamcast. I bought a controller from a brand everyone seems to like (8bitdo) and I have experience with their products in the past that worked out well. Also got a clip for the controller that attaches the phone to it to make it easily portable. The older games, up to N64 are easy to put on there. The newer games use ISO's and I'm not exactly sure how they are different from ROMS so I'll be figuring that out today.