"West Coast Feed"

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I tried searching "PDT", "PTD" and "West Coast Feed" to try to answer this but didn't have much luck.

Anyway, was it ever resolved why H101 STILL only has "West Coast Feed" while replaying the show?

I tuned in today and was curious as to what was going on, only to have "West Coast Feed" in the 2nd line.

What gives?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
You just discovered this?

I dunno why they do it. They've asked Tim before and he says "he'll look into it."

They are just lazy I think.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
As far as I know its always been like that and every time it comes up on TWUS Booey just says "yeah we're looking into it" or some other BS.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
You just discovered this?

I dunno why they do it. They've asked Tim before and he says "he'll look into it."

They are just lazy I think.

No, I didn't "just discover this". :rolleyes:

My question was quite concise: Was it ever resolved why H101 STILL only has "West Coast Feed" while replaying the show?

I know it's come up before and I rarely, if ever, flip to H101 for Stern so I don't really pay attention to it. I just noticed today that it still reads that same old tag line since day 1. I thought it was resolved, as you pointed out, since Tim was made aware.

I'm with you though, probably just being lazy. :ignore:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I hate that bastard Tim. He was on the superfan roundtable a few weeks ago giving non-answers.

Every answer was "We're looking into it" or "Our resources are limited."

He's a lazy fuck. He's having everyone focus on History of Howard Stern Part 3 while ignoring everything else. He's too busy making sure they stretch out part 3 so they can fill in 2 weeks.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Do people really look at the PDT that much?

It reallys helps to have the PDT correct when you're listening to either a recording or have the show paused and want to skip a segment you've already head or have no interest in.

NOT having the PDT correct for 101 is the equivalent of having your favorite music station just saying "MUSIC" all the time.

It is lousy.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Slim Sabean is too busy not chewing and getting colonics to worry about trivialities like the PDT.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I think I remember tim saying that the pdt has to be updated in realtime by a person so they don't do it for the west coast feed. i find it kind of dumb that such a technologically advanced broadcaster like sirius would not have some mechanism to capture pdt data along with an audio feed. Hell, they can do it on a stiletto why can't they do it in their studios?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think I remember tim saying that the pdt has to be updated in realtime by a person so they don't do it for the west coast feed. i find it kind of dumb that such a technologically advanced broadcaster like sirius would not have some mechanism to capture pdt data along with an audio feed. Hell, they can do it on a stiletto why can't they do it in their studios?

What about the weekends then? or the repeats? Surely there wasn't anyone in on Columbus Day to update the PDT. I mean, Columbus day.....

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
What about the weekends then? or the repeats? Surely there wasn't anyone in on Columbus Day to update the PDT. I mean, Columbus day.....

I'm not tim, so wtf do I know? I was just saying what I remember hearing from tim. in any case it all boils down to extra time/effort/cost and they don't want to expend that extra time/effort/cost for whatever reason. I just think it's dumb that this should be any extra effort at all. I would think that recording pdt data with the audio stream would have been a no-brainer when designing their system.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
One would think Howard would be crying up a storm, what with not using the technology to it's full potential.

I'm sure an intern could easily run the "west coast feed" pdt computer.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

I think you're right. Someone actually sits there during the live show and updates it to say things like "Join The Revolution" or "Lisa G from Howard 100 News" or whatever. Early on, I think this person was Sal and he would update it to say things like "This chick has huge tits!" or whatever. A bunch of people were calling in saying that they would listen at work and they didn't like the inappropriate messages that were going up.

It may have something to do with the file as well. Last week or so, I talked to Jim McClure about the 1 AM replay of Bubba, and why it says nothing but "Sirius.com/XMRadio.com." His answer was this:

Jim McClure said:
Here's the story- the audio that's playing there isn't in segments like the afternoon show is aired - basically it's one 4 hour audio file rather than the individual files in the afternoon

Perhaps this is why the West Coast Feed doesn't say anything else.

Still, it's not cool when Howard brings millions of people over and they don't seem to have the resources to do what they should be doing.

However, i'd imagine that most people would listen to the live show on Howard 100. The Howard 100 replay starts about 9:15 AM PT, so that's another option for west coast listeners.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
One would think Howard would be crying up a storm, what with not using the technology to it's full potential.

I'm sure an intern could easily run the "west coast feed" pdt computer.

Yeah but then there would be another intern that might have the audacity to be in the hallway when Howard is done with the show.

We can't have that!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah but then there would be another intern that might have the audacity to be in the hallway when Howard is done with the show.

We can't have that!

LOL @ your keen observation and sarcasm. Heheh....:p

Stupid me! :hah: