We're All Going to Die

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I left my house for the first time in a week today. Had to go buy some groceries. Mostly just got fluids, water, gatorade, snapple. Also a couple of non-perishable items and a chicken lunch.

I'll keep you guys posted the next time I leave the house. :D

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I left my house for the first time in a week today. Had to go buy some groceries. Mostly just got fluids, water, gatorade, snapple. Also a couple of non-perishable items and a chicken lunch.

I'll keep you guys posted the next time I leave the house. :D
I bet you wish that you went to Disney when we told you to last month.

Reactions: JHDK

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
There have now been 828,116 confirmed cases of coronavirus worldwide and 40,728 deaths. The death toll is 11,591 in Italy, 7,716 in Spain, 3,305 in China, 3,163 in the US (including 1,550 in New York), 3,024 in France, 2,898 in Iran, 1,789 in the UK and 1,039 in Netherlands. Yikes!

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
There have now been 828,116 confirmed cases of coronavirus worldwide and 40,728 deaths. The death toll is 11,591 in Italy, 7,716 in Spain, 3,305 in China, 3,163 in the US (including 1,550 in New York), 3,024 in France, 2,898 in Iran, 1,789 in the UK and 1,039 in Netherlands. Yikes!

I'm guessing it won't help to bring this up; but does it occur to you that in order to have access to DRC, members need to have an internet connection? And with that connection, we have the same access to the news as you? Many of us also have something called television, and they too have news. As a matter of fact, it's much harder to come across anything other than coronavirus news.

I understand it's a matter of efficiency with you; you take the stuff you post on XMFans, remove the Trump bumper, and repost here. But it looks very much like the Political Talk forum, except that "cling peaches" is replaced with "umm-hmm".

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
You're wrong, Mister scotch. It did indeed help for you to bring that up. I got the message. Okay, no more cling peaches.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I bitch a lot about the roommates...and rightfully so. The mail issue, they constantly slam doors, they are often very loud, but I gotta give them credit with with Coronavirus. They are taking it just as seriously as I. They barely leave the house these days and are very vigilant about sanitizing door knobs and all that.

It's a nice change of pace.

(I'll probably go back to the bitching tomorrow.)

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I bitch a lot about the roommates...and rightfully so. The mail issue, they constantly slam doors, they are often very loud, but I gotta give them credit with with Coronavirus. They are taking it just as seriously as I. They barely leave the house these days and are very vigilant about sanitizing door knobs and all that.

It's a nice change of pace.

(I'll probably go back to the bitching tomorrow.)
So you're saying they just stay home sanitizing their door knobs all day? o_O

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I sit at home all day with CNN on mute in the background talking about COVID. I've found that all the regular hosts go from really attractive to good looking. But then they bring in the guests and oh boy do I get a kick out of pointing out (to myself) how many of them have major physical flaws. And yes, I know, I'm no Brad Pitt but I don't put myself on TV. Lot of big fatsos or people with flabby skin or just overall gross. Like right now they have the Governor of Illinois on and he must be at least 300 lbs and has a flabby neck that flaps over his collar. There are some real dogs, both the men and women...and the occasional cutie.

It's a fun game.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wow, as the article states $6 an hour for a prisoner a ton of money. I thought they usually made like $0.25/hour. As long as they are not forced to do it and sign up for it themselves (like the article says) I think this is a pretty good idea.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Thought I read that it's spread like a cold, through coughing and all that.

Not that it matters, it won't get us. I like to joke about pandemics but in reality this shit never touches us.

JHDK is mistaken when he insists the coronavirus "won't get us." In China, more than 2,000 people are known to be infected and the death toll is now 56. Eight cases have been reported in Hong Kong. Four cases have been reported in the United States: Illinois, Washington and two in California. More than 30 cases have been reported in other countries. China's health minister said today that people can have the virus and transmit it to others even before any symptoms show. Lest I be accused of being a Debbie Downer, I 'm offering some helpful advice via this beautiful little quatrain:

The coronavirus
Could kill us or tire us.

*I've somewhat selectively edited the above two quotes.*

I was looking back at when I started this thread in January and oh boy was I wrong. Channel on the other hand was on to something.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
tenor.gif

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, sometimes I am indeed right. I'm not as dumb as I look. I couldn't be.

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Democratic Party has moved its July convention to August. Who decided holding a convention in July is risky but holding it in August is safe? Probably the same people who decided being five feet away from others is risky but staying six feet away is safe.

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK