We're All Going to Die

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It's amazing how charging $60 for a plate of fish can get one to cut back on the food intake.

I never like getting served an intact, whole animal. Of any sort.

I like it looking like a nice little filet or strip or whatever. That way I don't think about it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It's amazing how charging $60 for a plate of fish can get one to cut back on the food intake.
You didn't do an all inclusive? Those are pretty much guarenteed to add pounds.

When in the tropics I love Strawberry Daquaries. My wife likes Pina Colatas (and yes we do like getting caught in the tropical rain). Certainly drink more rum down there. At home I am a Jack Daniels person while she is a Jim Bean.

I assume you enjoyed your vacation. We should really have a vacation thread where we can all share our vacation experiences.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I never like getting served an intact, whole animal. Of any sort.

I like it looking like a nice little filet or strip or whatever. That way I don't think about it.
Honestly, the red snapper was a chef's special, so aside from being told how it was cooked, I had no description. I assumed it would just be a piece of fish for like $30. Surprise!

Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
You didn't do an all inclusive? Those are pretty much guarenteed to add pounds.

When in the tropics I love Strawberry Daquaries. My wife likes Pina Colatas (and yes we do like getting caught in the tropical rain). Certainly drink more rum down there. At home I am a Jack Daniels person while she is a Jim Bean.

I assume you enjoyed your vacation. We should really have a vacation thread where we can all share our vacation experiences.
For planning this vacation, we narrowed it down to T&C (which we last visited 7 years ago) and Riviera Maya Mexico (which we did 4 years ago). Mexico was all-inclusive, and it was great. But Mrs Scotch is not a big buffet grazer or drinker. And while they had an awesome pool, the beach was not in the same league.

One of the attractions of being on Grace Bay in Provo (Providenciales, TCI) is that it's safe to walk or ride anywhere. So going to different restaurants is part of the appeal. We rented scooters one day, and had lunch at this place on another part of the Island:
20200206_120605_resized_1.jpg

It was a fantastic vacation. 80s days, 70s nights. Two 10-minute showers all week. Our room was near the beach, and everyone was friendly.

Edit: 5 minutes from our hotel is a Graceway supermarket. When we arrive, I get a bottle of local rum to mix all week. And another one to sip.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
CNN – is that the Coronavirus News Network? – just reported that the 2019-nCoV virus has infected more than 42,500 people worldwide. The death toll is now 1,013. One was in Hong Kong and one was in the Philippines. All the others were in China. 我们都会死!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Several times in the past few days, KNX in Los Angeles has run a commercial for Carnival Cruise Lines immediately after mentioning the coronavirus and the infected cruise ship passengers in the top-of-the-hour headlines. What great scheduling!

Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
  • Haha
Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I could question JHDK's sincerity in saying "We're all going to die" – and you all know I'm not the sincerity questioner I used to be – but he could be right.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the US National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases, told CNN's Michael Smerconish today, "We are clearly at the brink of a coronavirus pandemic." The 2019-nCoV virus has now infected 77,809 people and caused 2,372 deaths. That includes 738 infected and three dead in Japan; 433 infected and two dead in South Korea; 28 infected and five dead in Iran; 68 infected and two dead in Hong Kong; 86 infected in Singapore; 62 infected in Italy; and 35 infected in the United States.

1582409543892.png