Well It's Flooding Down In Texas...

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing

Once again, my part of Houston is experiencing unprecedented rainfall and flooding. You would think after 3 of these in less than 2 years they would become somewhat more precedented, but you would be wrong. So far my house is high and dry, but the news is saying 100 homes are flooded just in my neighborhood. One of the local news stations has been off the air all morning. The Harris County Flood Control Distict web site stopped updating water level gauges 3 hours ago.

Here's a local weather guy helping a guy not drown. The bridge in the back is the bike trail I ride every weekend morning.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

Once again, my part of Houston is experiencing unprecedented rainfall and flooding. You would think after 3 of these in less than 2 years they would become somewhat more precedented, but you would be wrong. So far my house is high and dry, but the news is saying 100 homes are flooded just in my neighborhood. One of the local news stations has been off the air all morning. The Harris County Flood Control Distict web site stopped updating water level gauges 3 hours ago.

Here's a local weather guy helping a guy not drown. The bridge in the back is the bike trail I ride every weekend morning.

good news about your place. fingers crossed that stays the case.

i wonder what story would get better ratings. getting the video of the weather guy helping save that man or capturing that man drown live on tv.

Reactions: memebag

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Hope you guys dry out soon.

I don't think backing up & using the windshield wipers will help they guys car
It's hard to tell if he was just confused or drunk. Later, he told the weather guy his name was "Andy" and then he ran away.

Just as a general rule, don't ask news crews for survival tips.

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
The local news channel is back on the air. It's just a guy standing in the rain out by the transmitter with his laptop (Dell) showing a radar loop. They keep zooming in on the radar and his big beefy fingers pointing at rain. The video and audio are out of synch. Every once in a while they have to go dark while they swap batteries.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
BTW

I clicked "like" because your house is still safe, and for the SRV.
When I saw the title of the thread, I instantly thought of SRV.

Good luck.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Ugh. Stay dry, bags. All the weather geeks say Houston is the next New Orleans. It won't be from this, but some future hurricane...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The local news channel is back on the air. It's just a guy standing in the rain out by the transmitter with his laptop (Dell) showing a radar loop. They keep zooming in on the radar and his big beefy fingers pointing at rain. The video and audio are out of synch. Every once in a while they have to go dark while they swap batteries.

Gotta love the high tech.

When the guy gets electrocuted do they just change guys?

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It seems they always have to have someone out in the horrible weather, getting pounded, to prove that it's really happening. Stupid. And what's even worse is that the national news crews all fly into the storm, which is the worst thing to do, just so they can join the local weather people and get pounded too.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Make sure this woman doesn't show up down there

landscape-1445969162-esq-opal-covey-index.jpg

Reactions: JHDK and memebag

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
are you still high and dry down there meme?

there are some crazy pictures from the area.

CgW9jb0UMAQZX3_.jpg

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Still high and dry. Walked down to Brays Bayou last evening to see the pine needle level. Still some deep water on the roads, but it looks like it wasn't as bad as last year. We did see houses that got water yesterday that had rennovation permits posted in the window from last year's flood. That's got to suck.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
That's a lot of water.
Why are evrybodys headlghts on?
I'm wondering the same thing. The water level is unbelievable. Normally it would never get that high, because it would form a river. But I can only surmise that the Gulf has backed-up into this part of Houston, creating standing water.