Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by MM, Oct 11, 2008.

1. MM

MM Administrator

Thanks for joining DRC. We hope you enjoy your stay. If have have any questions about the site or feedback, just let us know.

MM
  2. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Absolutely. This is a community and there is nothing we want more for it to be a great one. Post away.
    Wolf likes this.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Nice place you've got here!
    Look forward to being an active member here. Good to see some familiar faces already.

Aaron
    (7Aaron over at SBS)
    limegrass69 likes this.
  4. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Thanks guys. I made the switch from SBS as well. Shame I had to leave my post count and rep points behind.
  5. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Robdam1001 from SBS. Hey all.
  6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I moved over here too. I still hope SBS fixes itself sometime. But that appears to be less and less likely.

Are we going to have hardware type subforums here like we did at SBS? It was cool talking to other SL2 owners.
  7. Davis

Davis Member

Well, it is a good thing that I didn't use my first name as a screen name; I almost did.

This seems to be a great start.

DoubleEE, speaking of rep points. Do you plan on saving the second installment to the History of Howard Stern (or whatever they are calling it)?
  8. MM

MM Administrator

I'm sure you'll get them all back here.
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

How do you give them here? They don't seem to be enabled.
  10. MM

MM Administrator

We are waiting for some more feedback if our members want to do that.

Start a poll in this forum, asking if our members want rep points. ;)
  11. IdRatherBeSkiing

I may do that. I like reppoints as long as they are not anonymous. I've been on sites where they were anonymous and it was a disaster.
  12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

We wanted to initially roll out with just main forums and as we grow I am sure we'll like add some sub-forums for specific hardware. We just didn't want to open with a bunch of empty forums. Nothing is a bigger turn off than that.

Believe me we'll be open to suggestions from you guys!
    Wolf likes this.
  13. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

I have another suggestion. Can we make a sticky post for all former SBS members to post in with their SBS handle. For example I would have never known mrpacs was robdam.

I'd hate to accidentally talk to someone here under a different name that I hated at SBS. :D:eek:

Hey wouldn't that be funny if Die_LaMattres came over and took the handle jgatie?
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  14. Davis

Davis Member

That is refreshing to hear. I have witnessed forums where they had 20+ subforums but only 2 or 3 got used.
  15. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I can't get over how cool it is to see people over here. I know we can build this up to be an excellent source of support, information and fun. It takes us here to do it :)
  16. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

I have arrived!!! Be afraid....be very afraid!
  17. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

I made the switch!

Thanks DAB and TSS TAYLOR for the heads up on the new forum!

It's so nice to post and not have to wait a minute to get a refresh!

Its a Nice new start to the Merger for XM and Sirius.
  18. MM

MM Administrator

What am I chopped liver? ;)
  19. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

You aren't as scary when you don't have a scary AV ;)
  20. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Thanks and Happy New Year to you. I think that's what I should say not sure. Feel free to fill me in.