Weekday lineup changes on 128?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
"is it safe to say the report was bogus? "

Yeah, I think it was Larry McReynolds who got it started. LOL.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I'm watching stuff I would NEVER watch....just because it's in HD. :p I watched part of a soccer game (YUCK!!!!), but that green field looked AWESOME. LOL.

On mine, you can even see the blades of the grass the picture is so SWEET!!!!! :purpbanana:

(The purple banana is for you mghtx!! lol)

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
"is it safe to say the report was bogus? "

Yeah, I think it was Larry McReynolds who got it started. LOL.

I never heard anything about any changes to 128 that's why I never posted about it before.

Although, today, the only change I noticed was Moody has a new opening to his show, I like it!!! More of the shows need to change things up. (I'm sure those are not the changes you all were waiting for lol)

Go Moody!!! :)

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
I know this thread says "weekday" but there has been a change on Saturdays. Last 2 Saturdays i've listened to classic races. Most recent was 1994 race at Pocono, week before that was 1977 fall Martinsville race. That 1977 race was a blast to listen too. Only 30 cars started the race, a few of them were actually running drum brakes!!!. 500 lap race and by lap 150 only 9 cars were on the lead lap. Richard Childress was driving back then. And people say the racing in the "good old days" was better.............................hardeeharharrrr.

Edit: Those races were played at 3 PM on Saturday.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I know this thread says "weekday" but there has been a change on Saturdays. Last 2 Saturdays i've listened to classic races. Most recent was 1994 race at Pocono, week before that was 1977 fall Martinsville race. That 1977 race was a blast to listen too. Only 30 cars started the race, a few of them were actually running drum brakes!!!. 500 lap race and by lap 150 only 9 cars were on the lead lap. Richard Childress was driving back then. And people say the racing in the "good old days" was better.............................hardeeharharrrr.

Edit: Those races were played at 3 PM on Saturday.

I remember the days when XM NASCAR Radio played classic races ALL THE TIME. At one point during the offseasons, all I remember is Claire B. Lang & classic races. I'm glad Sirius took over the channel :shock:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
The endless replays of races where horrible on XM in those days. The only replay that I liked to hear was of the race the day before. They would always have it on Monday morning. But then again, they had very little live programming. This channel has come a long way since those days.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I remember the days when XM NASCAR Radio played classic races ALL THE TIME. At one point during the offseasons, all I remember is Claire B. Lang & classic races. I'm glad Sirius took over the channel :shock:

Don't forget you had NASCAR New Now in the morning. A one hour morning Dialed In. A one hour NASCAR Legends. A classic race. A 3hr afternoon Dialed In. Another NASCAR Legends. WFO. On Monday it was Fast Talk with Benny Parsons. Tuesday was NASCAR Live. Wednesday was The Pit Reporters until NASCAR Performance live came out, and that got bumped :worried: (I loved listening to The Pit Reporters. That's the first time I got to hear David Poole :) ).

The weekends were nothing but classic races and legends. I can't even remember if there was a pre race show.

I hardly listen to SNR much these days, but we got it good now compared to what NASCAR Radio was back in the XM only days :)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Yes, there were pre and post race shows from CBL. In it's heyday, XM144 had about 5 or 6 hours of live programming. That's nothing compared today but at it's time, it was great!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I don't remember a post race show on XM. I remember Claire always was at the tare down inspections and would play her discussions with the team members.

As a matter of fact, the only post race show I ever heard on XM was after Homestead in 2004. People were irate that Kurt Busch won the championship over Jimmie and Jeff :hhh:

Plus there was a song. The winner of the race always got a song with clips of the race add into it :right:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'm not sure what to tell you. It certainly wasn't a post race show like today, but yes, they did have one. One that stands out to me rather well was in October 2004, Martinsville. That was the weekend of the Hendrick plane crash. I was there that day and I remember my wife and I listening to it in the parking lot waiting for the lot to clear out. Heck, I've still got my Delphi, Skyfi - Boombox that I was using that day, playing next to me right now. That thing is a tank. It's been through a lot and keeps on going. :yesshake:

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
Back when XM had the NASCAR channel, all I listened to was were the actual race & Cup qualifying broadcasts. And then I'd listen to the nightly MRN or PRN show during the week (Fast Talk, NASCAR Live, Pit Reporters, etc.). They'd air those live at 7p.m. and then re-air them later that evening at either 10p.m. or 11p.m. eastern. I'd always listen to the re-airs, because I wasn't able to when it aired live. Outside of that, it was all fluff. I do remember XM constantly changing the lineup, many times in mid-season, and the listings on their website would become outdated and didn't match what was actually on.

I actually emailed Tim Farley, who was the program director for the channel, to see if I could an accurate listing of show times....and never got a reply from him. I then emailed Claire, and she did reply, but only said, "It would be nice to know when the shows are on, wouldn't it?"

During the season, I probably listened to XM's NASCAR channel about 10 to 15 hours a week. With Sirius, when the season begins, in a normal week I'll listen to the shows on Friday and throughout the weekend, in addition to the races themselves....and I'd say I probably find myself listening an average of 25 to 30 hours a week.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Back when XM had the NASCAR channel, all I listened to was were the actual race & Cup qualifying broadcasts. And then I'd listen to the nightly MRN or PRN show during the week (Fast Talk, NASCAR Live, Pit Reporters, etc.). They'd air those live at 7p.m. and then re-air them later that evening at either 10p.m. or 11p.m. eastern. I'd always listen to the re-airs, because I wasn't able to when it aired live. Outside of that, it was all fluff. I do remember XM constantly changing the lineup, many times in mid-season, and the listings on their website would become outdated and didn't match what was actually on.

I actually emailed Tim Farley, who was the program director for the channel, to see if I could an accurate listing of show times....and never got a reply from him. I then emailed Claire, and she did reply, but only said, "It would be nice to know when the shows are on, wouldn't it?"

During the season, I probably listened to XM's NASCAR channel about 10 to 15 hours a week. With Sirius, when the season begins, in a normal week I'll listen to the shows on Friday and throughout the weekend, in addition to the races themselves....and I'd say I probably find myself listening an average of 25 to 30 hours a week.

It's weird that Tim Farley moved to POTUS to do their morning show. Talk about a change of pace:shock:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I then emailed Claire, and she did reply, but only said, "It would be nice to know when the shows are on, wouldn't it?"

:rofl2:

That so sounds like something Claire would say LOL!

It's like when someone says "I want you to do this..."

And the other person will say "Well how does it feel to want?" :shock:

She has that wit about her. I remember someone calling is the show and talking about how they got to watch the haulers moving down the highway. She made this remark that went something like..."So did you go out by the road and wave to them?" :right:

I almost fell out of my seat thinking about some middle aged, fat and balding man, standing at the edge of the highway, jumping up and down waving at the haulers as they drove by :hw:

Classic :D