Weekday lineup changes on 128?

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
John Daly at dalyplanet keeps hinting that there are changes in store for the host lineup on 128. There have been a few cryptic comments from some of the hosts as well.

Anyone heard anything?

Claire B. (hopefully) gone?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I doubt they will change anything. If they do they would have accounced it before the new year :right:
Posted via Mobile Device

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
What if their waiting to announce it until before the 2010 season?

I guess they could, but at the end of the last 3 seasons, they made announced changes before the new year.

Bagley replacing Snyder was announced before the new year.

Sirius Speedway going from 3hrs to 4 was announced before the new year.

Unless the announce the changes today, I doubt anything will change.

BTW, what we have NOW, is 100% better then anything we had back in 2002, when I first started listening to Nascar Radio.
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Other than this @ the Daly Planet.....

Speaking of Sirius, the new weekday line-up of hosts and programs should be out soon. Lots of buzz around about changes as the dynamic of mixing MRN and Sirius folks continues to play out. Sirius still has the satellite radio coverage of all three of NASCAR's national touring series.

..... what other info is there on this? Maybe Moody will say something today? :idunno:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
at the end of the last 3 seasons, they made announced changes before the new year.

Yeah, I thought they would have already made anything public.

Maybe Suzy Q will go away? :p

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I still want a "mad-dog" type show. More Mojo. More Late Shift with Buddy and Alex.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I still want a "mad-dog" type show. More Mojo. More Late Shift with Buddy and Alex.

Certainly a more hard-hitting NASCAR talk show, which NFL radio doesn't even have. The thing I don't like about NASCAR Radio currently is that everybody's too darn nice. And there's too many interviews on both channels, but that's another discussion for another thread...

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
The thing I don't like about NASCAR Radio currently is that everybody's too darn nice.

+1 on that. Callers that ask stupid questions/beat the dead horse/restate the obvious need to endure some ridicule from the hosts, but often times they are praised or encouraged. see The Morning Drive for examples...

And there's too many interviews on both channels, but that's another discussion for another thread...

What would you rather hear, more callers?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
What would you rather hear, more callers?

It's way better than waiting an hour or two to get through, or hearing an interview with every crew chief, driver, or anybody releated to NASCAR during any given week. Choose a select few who offer interesting insights for a weekly spot, and then interview all others on a 'news making' basis.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"or hearing an interview with every crew chief, driver, or anybody releated to NASCAR during any given week."

I agree.

To this point I give my opinion as such. The weekly guests they have on, save Bobby Hamilton Jr and Rocky Ryan are a complete joke and utterly boring radio to listen to. Like Todd Berrier? Uggg....

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
all I care about is getting rid of someone that repaets herself constantly. while claiming to go to callers, who repeats herself constantly. Did I mention she repeats herself constantly.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
all I care about is getting rid of someone that repaets herself constantly. while claiming to go to callers, who repeats herself constantly. Did I mention she repeats herself constantly.

...or the guy who's only claim to fame is he is distantly related to someone who won a NASCAR race about 85 years ago

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Certainly a more hard-hitting NASCAR talk show, which NFL radio doesn't even have. The thing I don't like about NASCAR Radio currently is that everybody's too darn nice. And there's too many interviews on both channels, but that's another discussion for another thread...

How does that 'hard-hitting' NASCAR show work? Just curious. :scratch: I know most everyone here agrees with you. From all of the posts so far on this thread it sounds like we want a channel with less guests, less interviews with people related to NASCAR, less callers and hosts that call NASCAR out on every move.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
DP thats not it at all.. I think people want more balance is all. Lets face it during the week each show has someone on it that is essentially employed by NASCAR. (Bagley on TMD works for MRN which is owned by ISC, Pistone works for racingone.com owned by ISC, Choclate is a NASCAR shill even though he doesn't work for them so I amend my previous statement about every show has someone working for NASCAR. Moody on Speedway works for MRN, And Hayden works for MRN) That is what made poole soo great. When NASCAR was wrong he said it. The folks Imentioned don't poole worked for the Charlotte Observer no connection to NASCAR whatsoever.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
DP thats not it at all.. I think people want more balance is all. Lets face it during the week each show has someone on it that is essentially employed by NASCAR. (Bagley on TMD works for MRN which is owned by ISC, Pistone works for racingone.com owned by ISC, Choclate is a NASCAR shill even though he doesn't work for them so I amend my previous statement about every show has someone working for NASCAR. Moody on Speedway works for MRN, And Hayden works for MRN) That is what made poole soo great. When NASCAR was wrong he said it. The folks Imentioned don't poole worked for the Charlotte Observer no connection to NASCAR whatsoever.

Perhaps, and I know you'll find this hard to believe, the hosts actually believe what they are saying. I know that's a tough concept for most. Everyone's assumption seems to be that because they are employed by or have had something to do with NASCAR that they are simply toeing the line. Are they being handed a script or talking points from NASCAR? Does NASCAR dictate what hosts are on the Sirius/XM NASCAR channel? Be careful before you answer this. If the answer is yes, why would Poole have ever been a host on the channel? If the answer is no, why wouldn't we see/hear more non-NASCAR related hosts?