Week Of 8/6: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It's no surprise that Howard started off with an hour or so of Les Moonves talk, going back to his days as being employed under Les.

Phone calls about that, which lead to Howard and Robin talking about their week off. Howard said he should have listened to the replays, but he did a little... He talked about how everyone's favorite part was when they goofed on Gary for the phlegm in his throat which lead to Gary talking about how fans come up to him and they love the show and their favorite part is goofing on Gary and Gary just has to sit there like "yeah, yeah, I know."

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today's show:

Howard talked about the whole Alex Jones / Info Wars situation, a Tan Mom update and a visit from "Ivanka Trump."

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Some sort of whisper deal, happy birthday to Robin with a ton of phony phone calls, Ralph Howard died and a mystery guest to celebrate Robin's birthday.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard did an extended, mean spirited rant (with Robin cackling in support) against JD and Ronnie and also Benjie on the ground that they had scooped Howard's planned tribute for Howard News Announcer Ralph Howard's by posting news of his death. WTF? They ruined Howard's bit by merely tweeting "RIP Ralph Howard"? It had already been reported on regular news. I took this from the rant. 1) Robin and Will and Jason are pathetic ass kissers. The way they piled on JD was disgusting. s) Howard's go-to mode in this situations is to remind the offenders that they are nothing without him, that they owe everything to him and that they will be beggars when he retires, and 3) Howard is inordinately proud of himself for sending handwritten notes (in this case to the grieving widow). He makes a big deal out of it every time. Wow Howard. Those notes really prove what a big heart you have.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard did an extended, mean spirited rant (with Robin cackling in support) against JD and Ronnie and also Benjie on the ground that they had scooped Howard's planned tribute for Howard News Announcer Ralph Howard's by posting news of his death. WTF? They ruined Howard's bit by merely tweeting "RIP Ralph Howard"? It had already been reported on regular news. I took this from the rant. 1) Robin and Will and Jason are pathetic ass kissers. The way they piled on JD was disgusting. s) Howard's go-to mode in this situations is to remind the offenders that they are nothing without him, that they owe everything to him and that they will be beggars when he retires, and 3) Howard is inordinately proud of himself for sending handwritten notes (in this case to the grieving widow). He makes a big deal out of it every time. Wow Howard. Those notes really prove what a big heart you have.

Same old Howard. He ragged on JD for tweeting out his engagement news. He frequently ragged on the WUS for discussing new stuff to the point where they'd wrap up the WUS on the next day's HSS and probably ragged on more people for breaking news that (in his opinion) shouds have been broken on the show.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
Howard gave up his right to "break the news" when he went to 4 days a week with 15 weeks of vacation.

He really is a mental patient with his "got to save it for the show".

Reactions: Neigh

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
He really is a mental patient with his "got to save it for the show".
I agree that - taken at face value - his behavior is nuts. But there's a reason: content. He loses hours or days of content when they let the cat out of the bag.

Instead of dwelling on this crap, he could spend more time discussing current events, or contemporary issues, but he doesn't want to.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard gave up his right to "break the news" when he went to 4 days a week with 15 weeks of vacation.

It really is 15? I know the wording states "days per year" but I've never bothered to count the number of weeks. I just know that summers are bad, as they always have been.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I agree that - taken at face value - his behavior is nuts. But there's a reason: content. He loses hours or days of content when they let the cat out of the bag.

Instead of dwelling on this crap, he could spend more time discussing current events, or contemporary issues, but he doesn't want to.

Ding!

He'd much rather spend an hour discussing something JD or Benjy did, but when they announce it elsewhere, it turns into an hour of goofing on them.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I know he does not have he heart to rag on Trump but one cannot help but recall his loud ragging on George W Bush for the GOP stand on abortion and for his Iraq fiasco. Trump is far worse on abortion and far worse on the protection of wild life and is a global warming denier... all issues close to Howard's heart. Hardly a peep from Howard. He'd rather spend an hour on Tan Mom.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I know he does not have he heart to rag on Trump but one cannot help but recall his loud ragging on George W Bush for the GOP stand on abortion and for his Iraq fiasco. Trump is far worse on abortion and far worse on the protection of wild life and is a global warming denier... all issues close to Howard's heart. Hardly a peep from Howard. He'd rather spend an hour on Tan Mom.

He doesn't want to insult a friend of the show.