Week Of 8/13: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The opening hour was about Howard's various stresses...just a small bit of animal/Beth talk, going into a whole deal about Imus.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
After August 13th, there will be no more talk of Imus and no more emails saying "stop talking about Imus."

Howard is saying this with peace and love. All Imus clips will be tossed. Peace and love, peace and love.

:laughcry:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard's wacky dreams, Richard being gross and John the Stutterer refusing to take phone calls from Shuli.

I was on another thread where people think the entire show is staged... I'm not sure the *entire* show is, but when someone calls in and asks what happened to John the Stutterer and Angry Alice and Howard can get Shuli in with an update...

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Howard's wacky dreams, Richard being gross and John the Stutterer refusing to take phone calls from Shuli.

I was on another thread where people think the entire show is staged... I'm not sure the *entire* show is, but when someone calls in and asks what happened to John the Stutterer and Angry Alice and Howard can get Shuli in with an update...
This has been obvious for a long time. Whether it's someone who calls-in, and Howard ends up talking to him for an hour, or a caller brings up a topic that they spend an hour on, it's planned.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This has been obvious for a long time. Whether it's someone who calls-in, and Howard ends up talking to him for an hour, or a caller brings up a topic that they spend an hour on, it's planned.

It was discovered a while ago that they used a service where they could pay people to pretend to be listeners to call in.

Yeah, there's no way that Howard just *happens* to have an update about whatever random topic.

I wonder if they're coached before they go live. If Mark from Wisconsin just wants to tell Howard how much he loves the show, it wouldn't make great content...BUT...if the guy in the back office mentions "Why don't you ask where Angry Alice is?" then there's show content right there.

I'm not sure they're all straight-up paid, but some of the calls are a bit suspect.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Callers have sucked since many years ago. He takes mostly nice callers ready to lick his balls. The legacy listeners from NYC are virtually nil. The new listeners only know the show for a few years unless they've listened to the history shows. It's radio astroturfing these days. Also, a topic pops up and the subjects' impressionist comes on with top notch jokes. Some might be live riffs but it's less believable when a fresh song about that subject plays right after the bit ends. I still listen though for the old war stories

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Benjy (BEN-SHEE) in the upcoming Sharknado and all he does is scream. Howard goofing on Benjy (AHHHHH!) with wearing a hat and it not falling off during the sharknado and JD's (laughs) bachelor party with women with big butts.

Ronnie is all hyped up. YEAHHHH!!!!

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Listen to the beginning of the show closely. Howard (Fred?) lets the opening theme play all the way through.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Listen to the beginning of the show closely. Howard (Fred?) lets the opening theme play all the way through.
Howard was noticing all the sound effects thrown in at the end. Whenever he starts commenting on that song or Rob Zombie, I know he's fishing for filler material.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
JD's (laughs) bachelor party with women with big butts.

I like the one on the left:

DkqXWf0X4AE66KI.jpg

This is the first time there have been strippers in-studio in way too long. I assume there is no way they got naked right? Because why would Howard ever have strippers get naked in the studio? That would be nuts.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard was noticing all the sound effects thrown in at the end. Whenever he starts commenting on that song or Rob Zombie, I know he's fishing for filler material.

Yeah, I heard the beginning bit of that show on today's drive in.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I like the one on the left:

DkqXWf0X4AE66KI.jpg

This is the first time there have been strippers in-studio in way too long. I assume there is no way they got naked right? Because why would Howard ever have strippers get naked in the studio? That would be nuts.

I believe they did. Naturally, Ronnie was all about that and of course, Fred Ronnie was also there.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This Jerry for FL, the Italian/NY accent dude, was the best caller to THSS in years! I hope he keeps calling in.

Sal calling in as his neighbor while he was on the phone was also funny.