Week Of 8/13: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Aug 13, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

The opening hour was about Howard's various stresses...just a small bit of animal/Beth talk, going into a whole deal about Imus.

2. kryptonite

After August 13th, there will be no more talk of Imus and no more emails saying "stop talking about Imus."

Howard is saying this with peace and love. All Imus clips will be tossed. Peace and love, peace and love.

:laughcry:

3. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

And we are only half way through his shirnk's August vacation. Howard will be full blown mental by the end of the month.

geosync and scotchandcigar like this.
  4. kryptonite

Howard's wacky dreams, Richard being gross and John the Stutterer refusing to take phone calls from Shuli.

I was on another thread where people think the entire show is staged... I'm not sure the *entire* show is, but when someone calls in and asks what happened to John the Stutterer and Angry Alice and Howard can get Shuli in with an update...

5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

This has been obvious for a long time. Whether it's someone who calls-in, and Howard ends up talking to him for an hour, or a caller brings up a topic that they spend an hour on, it's planned.

6. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Why did Imus come up? I thought he ended his show and did his tearful farewell in March/

7. scotchandcigar

I think they were comparing Imus's quitting announcement to the guy they played this week.

8. kryptonite

It was discovered a while ago that they used a service where they could pay people to pretend to be listeners to call in.

Yeah, there's no way that Howard just *happens* to have an update about whatever random topic.

I wonder if they're coached before they go live. If Mark from Wisconsin just wants to tell Howard how much he loves the show, it wouldn't make great content...BUT...if the guy in the back office mentions "Why don't you ask where Angry Alice is?" then there's show content right there.

I'm not sure they're all straight-up paid, but some of the calls are a bit suspect.

9. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Callers have sucked since many years ago. He takes mostly nice callers ready to lick his balls. The legacy listeners from NYC are virtually nil. The new listeners only know the show for a few years unless they've listened to the history shows. It's radio astroturfing these days. Also, a topic pops up and the subjects' impressionist comes on with top notch jokes. Some might be live riffs but it's less believable when a fresh song about that subject plays right after the bit ends. I still listen though for the old war stories

10. kryptonite

Benjy (BEN-SHEE) in the upcoming Sharknado and all he does is scream. Howard goofing on Benjy (AHHHHH!) with wearing a hat and it not falling off during the sharknado and JD's (laughs) bachelor party with women with big butts.

Ronnie is all hyped up. YEAHHHH!!!!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  11. kryptonite

Listen to the beginning of the show closely. Howard (Fred?) lets the opening theme play all the way through.

12. scotchandcigar

Howard was noticing all the sound effects thrown in at the end. Whenever he starts commenting on that song or Rob Zombie, I know he's fishing for filler material.

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I like the one on the left:

[​IMG]

This is the first time there have been strippers in-studio in way too long. I assume there is no way they got naked right? Because why would Howard ever have strippers get naked in the studio? That would be nuts.

14. kryptonite

Yeah, I heard the beginning bit of that show on today's drive in.

15. kryptonite

I believe they did. Naturally, Ronnie was all about that and of course, Fred Ronnie was also there.

JHDK likes this.