Week of 6/3: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Jun 3, 2019.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

No guests today. Howard was in Florida for the vacation. He spent some time with his parents. We also lots of talk with JD, Richard and Brent. Richard is going back to Kansas for a celebrity thing and he's one of

Howard is done with his book promotion, but he was on Conan's podcast which got one million downloads rather quickly. He's exhausted from all that.

Howard's next vacation should be the weeks of 7/1 and 7/8.

2. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

WPLJ went down!! Wow. It took 13 years from after they left krock. Christian rock? Rock.

3. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Krock? Some might say Howard did his best work there. For me, the best was the first five years of Sirius.

4. kryptonite

WPLJ is another station.
    WXRK (92.3 K-Rock) plays alternative under the WNYL call letters.
    WNYL (FM) - Wikipedia

5. kryptonite

James Corden as Wednesday's guest.

6. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Dummy me. I thought you were calling KROK a crock. I'm losing it.

7. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

James Corden is quite an intelligent guy. He pretty much knows how to handle Howard. However, had he known the show a little a better, he would know how obsessed Howard is with salary. As Howard has done so many times before with showbiz guests, he starting urging James to demand more money from CBS in his contract negotiations.. because to Howard (in my analysis) salary is the measure of manhood. He cannot spend all the money he makes but that does not matter... Getting what he thinks he is worth is what matters. James (who said that the money was secondary to his time) could have taken off on this subject and had some fun. How, after decades of therapy, can Howard be so money hungry?

8. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Corden is a sharp guy.

I'm not sure what it is, but Howard evaluates everything by fame and fortune. Billboard charts, TV ratings, box office revenue, sales, and salaries.

But his own tastes (in the past) have led him to obscure artists and songs and entertainers. I think the decades of being a famous person who interviews famous people, made him the way he is now.

9. kryptonite

That whole thing with Memet and the shirt...ouch!

10. geosync

I don't watch his show but I enjoyed Corden. I don't listen to many interviews these days. Memet has to be a gag right? He's the dumbest trumper next to ralph sal and ronnie.

11. kryptonite

That's my guess. Nobody can be that naive.

12. geosync

I don't know man. I been seeing a lot of people like him around this great country. More than I care to see.