Week Of 4/16: Live!

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Apr 16, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Howard talked about his terrible weekend in Cleveland.

Ronnie and Stephanie tomorrow.

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

His Bon Jovi induction speech was cringeworthy. If anyone else gave a speech like that, he'd shit all over it.

3. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Cringeworthy how? Details! Details! I assume no one dared to criticize it.

4. scotchandcigar

I assume you haven't heard it yet. He played it on the show, so the on-air talent had to pretend to like it. Robin kept making a polite laugh.

The speech:
    - It was very long;
    - It was beyond crude - just about every sentence had a reference to sperm and jizz;
    - It focused on hot girls, affairs, gossip, and penis size. Nothing about the music or musicianship;
    - He sang the entire song Dead or Alive. The 1st verse was funny, the 2nd verse was funny because he kept going, after that, he needed to stop;
    - After singing, he yelled "fuck you Bob Dylan", because he has to be shocking;
    - If you read all the comments above, you'll come to the conclusion that the induction speech wasn't about Bon Jovi, it was about Howard Stern.

5. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I haven't heard it yet. But when I read your post I assumed that he had made it all about Howard. Why would he make it crude? The inductees bring wives and kids and grandkids to that show. Howard is so brilliant when he just riffs on almost anything but over the years his s0-called "original content" such as his skits and his phony phone calls has been not so brilliant.

6. scotchandcigar

There was hardly a clean line in the speech, so I don't know if it will be aired like that or not.

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I am now 14 shows behind so I'm just going on what you guys have been saying but that sounds great to me. The tame, calmer Howard that has emerged on the show ever since Art left is my least favorite part of the current Howard. Making a gross speech seems like exactly what I'm always hoping he will do and bitching about around here when he doesn't.

Isn't that kinda what one should expect when they invite Howard Stern to make a speech?

Because I believe Howard thinks that makes it more rock and roll.

8. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

More than 90 minutes of Ronnie/Stephanie wrapup to start Wednesday's show.

Ronnie wants to retire to Vegas and Howard was trying to figure out what Ronnie would do in Vegas. Stephanie wants to go to vet school in California and it seems as if Ronnie doesn't want to join her. Shuli came in and that lead to a whole Ronnie vs Shuli thing.

Claire Danes from Homeland is today's guest.

9. scotchandcigar

I like her, but I can swear she was in, discussing the start of the final season. I was like 6 months ago?

10. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

A search of Marksfriggin seems to indicate she was last in on 10.5.15 and it was replayed on 10.12.16. But she came up in discussion in March of this year.

11. scotchandcigar

Howard's got no self-awareness. Yes, cursing is very "rock 'n roll", but he doesn't know when to stop. I'd think they would want him to stop doing a mini Howard Stern Show, and actually speak about the band from the perspective of a longtime friend. Look at what Letterman did for Pearl Jam.

12. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I really dislike Shuli. He does his best to agitate Ronnie and then gets pissed off at a rather mild Ronnie remark ("you're no expert in relationships"). So unprofessional. It was supposed be a celebration/friendly mocking of Ronnie and Stephanie, not a Shuli tantrum.

13. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Now that I have about a 70 minute, round trip commute every day I have a reason to catch up on my Stern Show backlog. I'm now listening to 4.16 and the naked boys choir sing to celebrate Howard's hair award. That was a stupid but fun bit. I'm looking forward to hearing Ronnie and Stephanie on the next show.

Oh and I just heard Howard play clips of his RRHoF speech. It was fine to me. Not amazingly funny but I enjoyed his silly quips about Jon cleaning jizz and Sambora banging all those models.

14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

The Ronnie/Stephanie interview was cool. Steph came off well and a good sport. The Shuli/Ronnie fight that happened was kinda the highlight for me.

The next day, when they were recapping, Ronnie said something, or implied something very interesting. Howard was telling Ronnie that no security in Vegas will hire a 70 year old man. Ronnie got mad and said something like, "Yea, just look what happened around here." To that Howard got defensive and said, "Don't get all bitchy, you're still here aren't you?" Ok, to me that sounded like Ronnie saying he got demoted from his security job for the Howard channels at Sirius but Howard still kept him on because they are friends and also Ronnie is a fixture of the show. I know this was 2+ months ago, but did anyone else catch that?