Week Of 3/25: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Talk about the college admissions scandal and Howard mentioned the khaleesi and Millie Bobby Brown, thanks to a caller. Olivia Jade's blog and how she continually skipped class and all that. Howard's trip to Italy and Sal's tips.

No guest today.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today's guest: Def Leppard.

Gary's plantain chips and a staff fight started the show off.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Great Alec Baldwin interview. But think Howard may have put a little ding in his evolution of Howard brand. Baldwin surprisingly asked about Trump as a guest. I would have thought that as a fan of Howard he would have been more familiar with those many interviews. Anyhow, Howard praised Trump for being the greatest of guests and the primary example of his greatness was his willingness to rate movie stars on a 1 to 10 scale and do in- depth critiques of their bodies. When Baldwin repeated what Howard thought was so great about Trump it sounded a bit like Alec did not think Howard was so evolved. Maybe I am reading too much into it. Let's hope not.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Howard loved having Daniel Carver on the show too. His way of thinking was entertaining. Perhaps Alec doesn't see that aspect of it, or maybe he feels that Howard shouldn't be entertained by that kind of stuff.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard loved having Daniel Carver on the show too. His way of thinking was entertaining. Perhaps Alec doesn't see that aspect of it, or maybe he feels that Howard shouldn't be entertained by that kind of stuff.
Honestly I loved Trump doing his beauty ratings even though one might say it was pretty hard to defend. Or is it? These stars are in the beauty business and Trump was a beauty contest owner. And Baldwin didn't really say anything against Howard. I could just visualize him raising an eyebrow. Daniel Carver was a different matter. Howard never implicitly went along with Carver. Howard did the country a service by airing that kind of stupidly pure racism. In reality, Carver was a cartoon figure, a subject of ridicule. I loved it when he took part in those mock game show bits like a whack packer. Why I am still laughing about that list he made ranking minorities bad to worst? I think he ranked Jews the worst, despite Howard. I think down deep he may have respected Robin. Hmm, probably not.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Jon Hein still thinks that Apple is cutting-edge.

Second with 4G
Second with large screens

Facial recognition... Some Android phones had that years ago.

But they have a credit card now! (Not really, but their fans will still go ape for it.)

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Jon Hein still thinks that Apple is cutting-edge.

Second with 4G
Second with large screens

Facial recognition... Some Android phones had that years ago.

But they have a credit card now! (Not really, but their fans will still go ape for it.)
Howard drives me nuts with that too. Apple's (and Steve Jobs) success is in making products more appealing and user-friendly to the masses. But they didn't pioneer anything, they are always behind the times with every innovation and upgrade.

But Howard doesn't really understand technology. He thinks Jobs is like Edison or Einstein. That was more true in the early days with the computer revolution, but not in the later years with mobile products.

Reactions: Kryptonite

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard drives me nuts with that too. Apple's (and Steve Jobs) success is in making products more appealing and user-friendly to the masses. But they didn't pioneer anything, they are always behind the times with every innovation and upgrade.

But Howard doesn't really understand technology. He thinks Jobs is like Edison or Einstein. That was more true in the early days with the computer revolution, but not in the later years with mobile products.

Exactly.

What Steve Jobs did (and what made Apple great) was to take an item (computer, phone, etc) and make it simple to use.

They didn't invent the computer. What they did was create a system where you could click on a picture to have it do what you wanted. "Do you want this item gone? Just "drag" it to your trash can icon."

They also had that magnetic(?) way of connecting cables to computers. If something got pulled, it simply fell out instead of being tugged against a heavy device.

But, of course, every fanboy named Ralph or Jon thinks Apple invented portable music players or combined the phone with the portable music player.