Week of 1/3: Live!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
We're back for a whole new year of hijinks and goofing on people like Baba Booey, Richard Christy, Sal Governale and Ronnie Mund! Catch it all on SiriusXM Howard 100 and the SiriusXM app.

On today's show, Gary bought Howard a crappy gift and it sounded like it wasn't new! Howard hates Christmas. We got talk of the NYC New Year's Eve stuff...Beth O dropped by and talked about why they didn't call fans on 12/31. Howard also goofed on Oprah a little bit.

No guests for the first show of the year.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard did mention he went to Florida at one point last year and that's when he had some guys come in and re-do his setup. There was talk elsewhere (that I posted here) that he did go to Florida.

Fred got a new setup over the last few weeks.

It seems like they could be in the bunker for a while...but I think some of this may be NY/NYC/SiriusXM regulations and not necessarily Howard putting the kibosh down. I think Howard really does want to go back to the studio.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Oh man that was a great joke. RIP.

I like howard wanting to cut out his gary rant. It wasn't that bad was it? Gary still has a job.

Reactions: sadchild

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Today also included Betty White talk, including clips of her from being a pre-teen on radio up through a recent Shatner roast where her line was "We all know Shatner's nuts. But George has tasted them."

That was a good zinger. They also had Betty White being interviewed by one of their correspondents (probably Stuttering John or Melrose Larry Green, I'd guess) if she went through menopause with the rest of the Golden Girls. She said she refused menopause.

Reactions: sadchild

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Oh man that was a great joke. RIP.

I like howard wanting to cut out his gary rant. It wasn't that bad was it? Gary still has a job.

Besides the whitewashing of all the racist stuff (probably a good thing), the only thing that readily comes to mind that got cut was the Artie/Teddy blowup show.

At this point, I think if you want to gift Howard, make a donation to North Shore Animal League. Interestingly, he hasn't mentioned them in a while...has he?

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
It wasn't that bad was it?
Heard this last night. It was real bad. For the first half or so, all I could think was how Howard was turning nothing into something major. You could tell he was exaggerating about the effort it took to open the box. And that was a lot of anger, even leading to wanting to fire Gary, over a gift -- a gift he later admitted was a good idea. I was glad he backpaddled because I was getting quite disgusted with him. Working for him is still walking on eggshells 24/7 and being berated for doing good things? Damn.
North Shore Animal League. Interestingly, he hasn't mentioned them in a while...has he?
True. But I just checked and Beth still blogs on the NSAL website, as recently as two weeks ago.

Trying to sort it all out: It seems she is on the board at NSAL and helped create Bianca's Furry Friends Feline Adoption Center (which is located at NSAL). Not sure why there's also a Beth's Furry Friends in addition to those two.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Heard this last night. It was real bad. For the first half or so, all I could think was how Howard was turning nothing into something major.
Driving in, I'm learning that I only heard the censored/edited version. Wow. Hard to imagine it much worse than the diluted version I heard. Yikes!

And the montage of Marianna going off on Chris didn't sound homophobic to me. Calling someone a 'bad dick sucker' isn't hate. If she had called him 'an asshole because he's a dick sucker', that's hate.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I thought it was pretty funny. He called him a cunt. It being over a gift is probably too much. But I imagine gary doesn't do a whole lot from home. He booked some good guests for howard, nobody I need to listen to. Actors and musicians want to come in now because they're getting their balls licked rather than joked upon.

I have the opener recorded if anybody wants it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I thought it was pretty funny. He called him a cunt. It being over a gift is probably too much. But I imagine gary doesn't do a whole lot from home. He booked some good guests for howard, nobody I need to listen to. Actors and musicians want to come in now because they're getting their balls licked rather than joked upon.

I have the opener recorded if anybody wants it.

True point on why people are coming in. Old Howard would have probably spent an hour with Hillary on the whole cigar incident. Now, it's a straight/clean interview similar to a Jimmy Fallon or Stephen Colbert or whoever else...but instead of doing a five-minute commercial break six minutes into the interview, he can do a two-minute commercial break before a two-hour interview.

Yesterday and today's shows were also good stuff. He didn't go on with the whole Ronnie "Summer of '69" stuff as long as I thought he would but the whole WNBC/Pig Virus stuff ...why do I like that?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The "Andy COVID" interview was good stuff. I always thought he was with Anderson Cooper, but apparently not.

Even if I don't have 100 or 101 on for a while, I can backtrack via the app so I'm not listening to the beginning of the show on Thursday or Friday mid-days.

And ...tomorrow, we (should) get Saturday Soundtracks at 9am ET on Howard 101. Hopefully they bring back Fan Favorites.