Watch "Defying Gravity!"

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
hmm no worky on FF/xp for me...is it about hang gliding?:confused:

Edit never mind , i need the ABC buttplug-in thingy.

edit 2/ Casual you suck! Just what I needed, to get hooked on a new show.

Last edited:

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I pretty much count on any show that I like to get cancelled in its first season. With the occasional exception like Lost.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
It was rumored to have been, but isn't officially.

It looks a lot to me like a Pushing Daisies situation, where they're just trying to figure out when to air the remaining episodes that are in the can. I'm not getting my hopes up.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Anything that's been described as "Grey's Anatomy in Space," is a big no for me. And yes it's been pretty much cancelled.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Anything that's been described as "Grey's Anatomy in Space," is a big no for me. And yes it's been pretty much cancelled.

Such negativity. I've never seen Grey's Anatomy, but I like this show for the same reason I liked Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5: great plots and characters set in outer space. So Grey's Anatomy can suck it.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Allow me a brief rant: Why the fuck do the networks/production houses insist on putting niche shows on the big 4 networks during prime time? They're fucking doomed. For god's sake, it's 2009. At least put this bitch on SyFy, where the geeks of the world can enjoy it and SyFy can enjoy the meager-by-network-standards ratings.

Or do the really logical thing: Put it on the internet only and let people watch it, with commercials, whenever they damn well please!

But starting a niche drama in late summer? With no hype? What did they expect?

The networks are such tools.

downsj

Nov 17, 2008
Actually, they did hype it.

And it's still on CTV as far as I know, on Friday nights. I'm hoping tonight's episode becomes "available" soon, since it should be a good one.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Allow me a brief rant: Why the fuck do the networks/production houses insist on putting niche shows on the big 4 networks during prime time?

They want to make money. Without a built in fan base (like Trek), that means prime time on a major network. Cable and internet don't sell enough soap to fund sci fi effects shows.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Actually, they did hype it.

And it's still on CTV as far as I know, on Friday nights. I'm hoping tonight's episode becomes "available" soon, since it should be a good one.

So they aired episode 9 in Canada, but not here? I hate ABC.