Want to Use My SL2 @ Free WiFi Hot Spots

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by SonDan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. SonDan

SonDan Member

I love my SL2 and listen via WiFi all day while at work.

I would love to listen while at Borders and Barnes & Noble using their WiFi on my weekend treks.

Of course one must check 'yes' that they will abide by the rules, etc, etc when logging in to use these two WiFi hot spots.

Is there some way to make that authorization on my SL2 that perhaps I am overlooking?

Thanks for reading.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

There is no way to get around the Yes prompts. They never put that possibility in to the SL2 firmware.

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Not there, it was actually something that Zing has planned to roll out in an update, but it was vetoed by Sirius in the end. Zing was amazed by that, but it wasn't long after that the relationship took a turn towards being over! This is why you likely haven't had an update for the Stiletto in forever!

4. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Based on what we've seen on this forum and elsewhere, it'll be a very cold day in hell when we see them even acknowledge the SL again. TSSTaylor just tweeted that we may want to consider XM radios.

5. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

That and the fact that Zing got sold to Dell with a whole different set of priorities and projects. I think if Dell hadn't bought Zing we would have def seen an update.

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

That is true, once Zing was sold they didn't care about Sirius, which I can't say I blame them after all the grief Sirius gave them.

7. SonDan

SonDan Member

Thank you all for the background information. I appreciate your time.

Sure is unfortunate that the SL2 remains "unfinished" as it is a great product IMHO. It is one of the best purchases I ever made.

Thanks again.