Walk the Dog

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by Aaron, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

It appears that we've been given the green light to start up the "Walk the Dog" program here at DRC. Many of us have new channels to get familiar with.

How would you guys like this to work?
    Two channels per week, three per week, or one channel at a time (maybe for 2 days or three days)?

Should we still call it Walk the Dog? :idunno:

Perhaps we can get this started over the weekend.

We're open to suggestions!

:)
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I like the idea of three per week and "Walk The Dog" is the original name and most of us are familiar to that name. But both companies has merge now and I couldn't think of a new name right now?
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  3. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Walk the dog probably still fits, but I'm biased since I'm a Sirius sub. I'd be interested in seeing this happen again.
  4. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

With all these new channels popping up, it would be madness not to start up another Walk The Dog.
  5. snakester

snakester New Member

I'd do it. It'll help us get an idea on just how truly different the channels are now too.
  6. hexagram

2 channels per week sounds good to me.

Let's go walk the dog!
  7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I would love to do a channel review here at DRC. Two channels a week would be great!...:D

I don't know if we should call it Walk The Dog. It's kind of an SBS thing. Let's start a thread on what we can call it...:)

Aaron, you should run it. You didn't get a real chance to run it right at SBS. The slow speed just killed it...:(
  8. hexagram

I vote to keep it the way it was at SBS. I know we are trying to separate ourselves from SBS, but I say never forget your roots, and what not.

Besides, it's a good name.
    semipenguin likes this.
  9. Manco

Manco Active Member

Let's not forget that for the channels that are simulcast, XM'ers could participate. That would mean a new name might be a good idea.

How about:

SiriusXM Music Camp.

It could focus on those channels that are simulcast initially, then once in awhile throw in an exclusive music channel from one or the other.
  10. hexagram

Sounds cheesy.
  11. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

2 to 3 channels per week sounds about right. Stick with Walk the Dog.
  12. Manco

Manco Active Member

Well offer something better, I just threw a name out to foster discussion. I like "Walk the Dog" but I think a name that would be inclusive of the XM listeners would be useful.
  13. hexagram

Hmm... How about..... Walk the Dog? Besides it's just a name. It doesn't mention SIRIUS specifically, and XM listeners will not be left out. They can walk the dog too. Hell, most of their programming now comes from 'the dog'. See? It works perfectly.
  14. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I like the idea. Personally I would like a couple of weeks to absorb the channels I have on my presets before we start.

And if you are concerned about the name, just name the dog XM and no problems.
  15. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I like Heard 'n the Dog...:shock:
  16. Manco

Manco Active Member

Maybe we could have an official logo for this program a Dog on a leash with XM tattooed on his side :)
  17. hexagram

10 steps ahead of you ;)

[​IMG]
    Manco likes this.
  18. Manco

Manco Active Member

I like it. I do think such a big dog could use a bigger XM logo though.
  19. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Why not just call it Mongo's Mess & have a dog leaving a steaming pile?...:rolleyes:

Really people (or pooples), who cares. Let's just do it...:)
    limegrass69 likes this.
  20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Walk the XM, lol
    [​IMG]